Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RMMV Plugin Scripting Tutorials

Boy Who Codes

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
Thank you everyone for your kind praises over my efforts to teach you basic scripting. The scripting tutorials are now updated. Enjoy learning the difference of Apply and Call, as well as learning how to do basic sliding animation that you can apply for your images, windows and many more.
[doublepost=1452372457,1452027912][/doublepost]Massive Update, more tutorials uploaded. Learn to build your own Particle System and your own Custom Menu in MV.
[doublepost=1453543065][/doublepost]Bumping for Updates.
New updates includes:
  • Introduction to PIXI.js
  • PIXI.TwistFilter()
  • Using JsonEx.parse
  • Automatic Switch Handling
  • Pulse Animation

eastw

Villager
Xy$
hi Soul, great tutorials ) they made me start teaching Maker MV javascript )) man, can I ask your advice? I want to create graphical presentation of actor, something like this http://clip2net.com/s/3u9i3Gr, for this thing I create object (GActor for example) with simple API, something like $gActor.show() or $gActor.hide(), or $gActor.showEmotion('normal'). I place this object into Game_System_Interpreter to get access to this variable in each place in game and this is works. But now I having problems with game saving and events with switches ) thats my code http://pastebin.com/AAfMRX8d, in which direction I should move to fix my problems with save?) and sorry for my English, thats not my origin language

Boy Who Codes

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
Game_Interpreter does not save your current / present modifications inside. Game_System does that, since when you save your files, all the data inside Game_System is saved as well. If you want to show busts outside the message box, it would be nice if you would be able to create a ghost window (transparency 0) whenever a message is shown. Then, depending on a variable from Game_System, show the proper image of the bust with the message running on the screen.

eastw

Villager
Xy$
Game_Interpreter does not save your current / present modifications inside. Game_System does that, since when you save your files, all the data inside Game_System is saved as well. If you want to show busts outside the message box, it would be nice if you would be able to create a ghost window (transparency 0) whenever a message is shown. Then, depending on a variable from Game_System, show the proper image of the bust with the message running on the screen.
Great, it works ) All my troubles with saving are gone far far away, thanks a lot, you are a grandmaster of magic )) And one more question, if I want to animate my bust picture, hair, eyes for example, how can I do this? ) In wich direction should I move?

DigitR

Villager
Xy$
I just wanted to say thanks for these. Not only are these great tutorials for learning RPG Maker it is a wonderful example of how to learn JavaScript. These have even helped me in boosting my own career. Thank you very much. And keep up the great work.

Thank you, bud. I'm sure this is will very helpfull to me. I'm trying to put especifc win coditions that hasn't in any plugin that ive found, so as my menu layout. It'll take a little long, but ill try my best. Thnk u again