Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RMMV Game Contest $300 + Prizes! All entries win!

@vigaman and I have uploaded a game and I got an alert a few hours ago about his post on here but I can't find it for some strange reason. The game is called "Relic in the Jungle" in case anyone wonders.

Magus Gar Kan

Towns Guard
Xy$
Um... I uploaded it to the demo category? is that alright? I also posted a link to it here... but the post is waiting on mod approval to appear... Game is called Fireside Tales: Land of the Lastborn

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
Completed Games, or Demos? I know mine is nowhere near what one could reasonably call "Complete" (except maybe as Chapter I if you're being generous) but as a Demo or Proof of Concept, it's fine.

I have gone ahead and uploaded it, waiting for approval. I've tagged it as [Contest 2019]
I have to also ask the question on whether or not we need the game to be complete or just a demo...

Due to a bout of illness, work committments and some other events coming up, I wasn't able to start work on this until the beginning of the month... I could have a functional end to end demo of the maps and a few fully coded events, but I'm not going to have the game I was hoping to have done and it's going to be nowhere close to the expected hour play through.

Is this still something I should try to make as done as I can and submit? Or would it be preferred I just bow out considering the nature of the contest?

I don't want it to look like I've just put up something to get a tileset... I would like to show off what I have but I don't know if it's allowed per contest rules.
It can be a Demo, all things will simply be judged on the two ours so finished or not we will accept it :)

Also I'll likely be submitting my work on the latter half of tomorrow that still is considered on time correct? Or should I submit what I have before 12 today
Due to our different timezones, can someone tell us exactly how long we've got left until the deadline, please?
The time zone is EST Eastern Standard Time. I'll give until tomorrow at 11:59PM for the final date as a leaway for the late response.
Where did you upload it?
I'm currently trying to reupload at Resources because the last attempt failed.
I don't know if it's my low post count (probably) or something else, but in rechecking, I uploaded on the 24th and was approved about three hours ago. So six days.

The file does show the correct date and time, though, so that should be easy to prove.
Sadly, we had a LOT of spammers so we had to add the post count, and I often times forget to check them or I'm busy and don't go online that day so it might take a little while for me to go through and accept them.

So... just to confirm, I upload it, then post the link here and when the mods approve it, I'm good?
Yeah, you're good to go :D

should you upload it also on indiexpo.net?
You can :) It'll help them out, and they're helping to donate to us for this so all the help towards them will be appreciated by everyone :D

Um... I uploaded it to the demo category? is that alright? I also posted a link to it here... but the post is waiting on mod approval to appear... Game is called Fireside Tales: Land of the Lastborn
If it's a demo it's good to go :D

It can be a Demo, all things will simply be judged on the two ours so finished or not we will accept it :)

The time zone is EST Eastern Standard Time. I'll give until tomorrow at 11:59PM for the final date as a leaway for the late response.

Sadly, we had a LOT of spammers so we had to add the post count, and I often times forget to check them or I'm busy and don't go online that day so it might take a little while for me to go through and accept them.

Yeah, you're good to go :D

You can :) It'll help them out, and they're helping to donate to us for this so all the help towards them will be appreciated by everyone :D

If it's a demo it's good to go :D
Because the upload attempts I did yesterday did not do any good, I ended up uploading it on Itch.io because I can upload it better there.
Does it still count as a submission? Or do I need to do the upload on Indiexpo instead? (I provided the link for the game)

If I do have to upload it instead on Indiexpo, The copy from there might be considered a late submission.

Last edited:

Shojiki

Villager
Sigh 12:03 Rip 4 days of 12+ hrs of work gone to waste I shouldnt have waited till I got an @ to start working, that was rlly dumb, of me lol I hope people still check it out though, good night.

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
Because the upload attempts I did yesterday did not do any good, I ended up uploading it on Itch.io because I can upload it better there.
Does it still count as a submission? Or do I need to do the upload on Indiexpo instead? (I provided the link for the game)

If I do have to upload it instead on Indiexpo, The copy from there might be considered a late submission.
Sigh 12:03 Rip 4 days of 12+ hrs of work gone to waste I shouldnt have waited till I got an @ to start working, that was rlly dumb, of me lol I hope people still check it out though, good night.
Any issues with uploading on the website, as long as you can upload it to Itch.io following the rules on page one will be completely fine :) We won't remove your submission for an error on the website. Just upload it sometime today and post the link here as well as DM me directly, please and thank you :)

Dalton Sayre

Towns Guard
Xy$
Frontier Internet can eat a mountain of pig s%!t. Seven attempts, can't upload. Months..., at least I have a good start on a concept I enjoy. Maybe it'll see fruition. I'm going to have to replace a beautiful Tileset though. Crumbled cookie.

vigaman

Villager
@vigaman and I have uploaded a game and I got an alert a few hours ago about his post on here but I can't find it for some strange reason. The game is called "Relic in the Jungle" in case anyone wonders.
I'm still waiting approval for my post. I submitted the game on time. If anyone wants an alternative link, you can also check out the game here.

Shojiki

Villager
Frontier Internet can eat a mountain of pig s%!t. Seven attempts, can't upload. Months..., at least I have a good start on a concept I enjoy. Maybe it'll see fruition. I'm going to have to replace a beautiful Tileset though. Crumbled cookie.
That's sucks but I feel the same, this contest has me started on a real good concept(game design wise) that I can't wait to work on in future projects where I will certainly devote more than 48 hrs of my time working on it

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
in indiexpo, not in resource. i hope it's okay ?
Indiexpo is a good alternative. Just make sure to follow the rules on here for uploading to indiexpo :D

It does appear that significantly less people finished than signed up. While that may matter for some, and it should, I'm fine with it as I pretty much just used this as an excuse to do something more focused than the typical open ended never goes anywhere slogfests I tend to prattle through, and to hopefully get some critique on my writing.

All the same, any sort of feedback on where it stands currently would be appreciated.

Shojiki

Villager
At this point I just want the jungle biome reward, I wasn't really expecting to get anywhere near the top with supremely rushed work, I don't mind criticism on my game either despite it not really being my best work(game design criticism preferred over story as I just tried to filibuster the game with dialogue to meet around 45 mins).

As Talon said I'm satisfied cause it has helped me at least develop something I can somewhat call complete. Honestly, since a week after the 1st(finished exam finals) I've been working on a remake of what I posted pretty much everyday and I'm making real good progress, compared to the games I've tried to make before. So I can personally conclude that the overall goal of this contest is a success for the people who have managed to submit their projects.

At this point I just want the jungle biome reward, I wasn't really expecting to get anywhere near the top with supremely rushed work, I don't mind criticism on my game either despite it not really being my best work

As Talon said I'm satisfied cause it has helped me at least develop something I can somewhat call complete.
Edited quote, but almost the same with what you said.
I had to rush the game and even ended up staying till about 2 AM on the last day, and I had somewhere to go to in a few hours.
I was planning to make a polished version of the game I submitted, but I'm not really focusing into it right now.
But I will continue where I left off when I get the chance.