Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RMMV Game Contest $300 + Prizes! All entries win!

So just to be clear, I can only use the base resources and ones explicitly from this site's resource page, I can't use any DLC or initial bonuses that I have like the Coverart Characters or anything that was in a humble bundle, correct?
Piggybacking on this - I assume that assets I make using GIMP specifically for the project are perfectly fine to use, given that I am the creator and I'm creating them specifically for this (and also they're terrible which is the point as it plays to my strength of not being an artist)

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
So just to be clear, I can only use the base resources and ones explicitly from this site's resource page, I can't use any DLC or initial bonuses that I have like the Coverart Characters or anything that was in a humble bundle, correct?
We'd prefer this, however we won't disqualify you for any DLC that comes from the official RPG Maker website itself.

@StorminEm @Lakaroth @Kntwriter You've all been added! If you'd like the Jungle Tileset now to add it into the game you're making please feel free to DM me

Piggybacking on this - I assume that assets I make using GIMP specifically for the project are perfectly fine to use, given that I am the creator and I'm creating them specifically for this (and also they're terrible which is the point as it plays to my strength of not being an artist)
Any resources you've made yourself, or anyone in your group that's participating in the event are completely fine (And we'd highly suggest uploading them to the resources section too <3 )

View attachment 7965

Salutations RMMVers! We have some exciting news to give you all! We're ravamping things, and what better way to do it by having a game development contest! On top of that we're giving away $100 in CASH prizes, and over $300 in prizes!

To enter simply comment below with your name, saying you will be participating, as well as the name of your team you will be using if you have one.

PRIZES:

• Everyone who enters will receive the Jungle Biome from @Starbird
  • Top 4th Place through 10th place will receive a random steam game!
  • 3rd Place will receive $15 Paypal + a game of their choice from a pre-defined list.
  • 2nd Place will receive $35 Paypal + two games of their choice from a pre-defined list.
  • 1st place will receive $50 Paypal + three games of their choice from a pre-defined list. As well as the following: The ability to work with the RMMV.co staff on finishing up the game, sponsorship, as well as promoting the sale of the game (If it meets Commercial guidelines) AS WELL as a personal interview from Indiexpo
  • Group Prizes for 10th - 1st differ. Everyone will get a game, 3rd - 1st will receive the same amount of gamesper person in the group.
The games list has over $2,000 worth of games on it, ranging from $1 games to $80 games. Trophies & badges will also be handed out to those who enter, and for 3rd, 2nd, and 1st place winners!

RULES & INFORMATION:
Date: From Today 2/7/2019 you will have until 5/1/2019 to complete your game.

Games MUST be started from scratch starting anywhere during the dates of 2/7/2019 - 5/1/2019. Any games found made before that, or after that will be automatically disqualified. If we find out it's done purposely you could be banned from future contests all together.

Length: The length of the game should be around 1 hour. Judges will spend 1 hour playing the game, anything after that will not be judged. This is to ensure that we're able to complete the judging in a timely manner.

Theme: The theme will be Jungle. Anything goes, as long as the majority of the game takes place in the jungle.

ALL content must either be yours directly, RMMV's default content, OR anything from the RESOURCE TAB

The game must be in compliance with RMMV.co's rules, as well as follow the TOS and Policies of RMMV (the program).

GROUPS are completely, allowed. And MUST be mentioned in this post with a tag of each user.

All members MUST be apart of the community!

There hast to be at least 20 participating people / teams in order for this to finish and prizes to be distributed. If there is less than that, the amount of prizes will go down significantly.

Judging:
We will be judging games based off of the following:

Professionalism:
Grammar, bugs, length, and overall polishness are some of the things we will be looking at for professionalism.

Gameplay:
Story line, item interaction, minute details, combat are a few forms of gameplay we will be judging throughout the contest. This also includes Engagement, as well as Presentation. We're looking for how well your game looks, feels, and most importantly plays.

Potential:
We're also looking at how much potential your game has. If we see that after only a few months your game has a lot of potential we will also be willing to work with you on helping to develop your game, as well as sponsor & promote it on our website, and social media.

After the contest:
Anyone who wishes to post their game on our website, as well as sell it if it is within our guidelines and has all commercial use items in it we will highly encourage. Those who place in the top of the games will also receive shout outs, and more! If there's enough potential we might even look at trying to add it on steam for you.

SPECIAL THANKS TO: View attachment 8093 for sponsoring with us! They've donated $20 to help the contest! Make sure to upload your game to their website by clicking their logo!
Use the tag #rpgmakermvco When uploading games to their website
View attachment 7965

Salutations RMMVers! We have some exciting news to give you all! We're ravamping things, and what better way to do it by having a game development contest! On top of that we're giving away $100 in CASH prizes, and over $300 in prizes!

To enter simply comment below with your name, saying you will be participating, as well as the name of your team you will be using if you have one.

PRIZES:

• 3rd Place will receive $15 Paypal + a game of their choice from a pre-defined list.
  • 2nd Place will receive $35 Paypal + two games of their choice from a pre-defined list.
  • 1st place will receive $50 Paypal + three games of their choice from a pre-defined list. As well as the following: The ability to work with the RMMV.co staff on finishing up the game, sponsorship, as well as promoting the sale of the game (If it meets Commercial guidelines) AS WELL as a personal interview from Indiexpo
  • Group Prizes for 10th - 1st differ. Everyone will get a game, 3rd - 1st will receive the same amount of gamesper person in the group.
The games list has over $2,000 worth of games on it, ranging from $1 games to $80 games. Trophies & badges will also be handed out to those who enter, and for 3rd, 2nd, and 1st place winners!

RULES & INFORMATION:

Games MUST be started from scratch starting anywhere during the dates of 2/7/2019 - 5/1/2019. Any games found made before that, or after that will be automatically disqualified. If we find out it's done purposely you could be banned from future contests all together.

Length: The length of the game should be around 1 hour. Judges will spend 1 hour playing the game, anything after that will not be judged. This is to ensure that we're able to complete the judging in a timely manner.

Theme: The theme will be Jungle. Anything goes, as long as the majority of the game takes place in the jungle.

ALL content must either be yours directly, RMMV's default content, OR anything from the RESOURCE TAB

The game must be in compliance with RMMV.co's rules, as well as follow the TOS and Policies of RMMV (the program).

GROUPS are completely, allowed. And MUST be mentioned in this post with a tag of each user.

There hast to be at least 20 participating people / teams in order for this to finish and prizes to be distributed. If there is less than that, the amount of prizes will go down significantly.

Judging:

Professionalism:
Grammar, bugs, length, and overall polishness are some of the things we will be looking at for professionalism.

Gameplay:
Story line, item interaction, minute details, combat are a few forms of gameplay we will be judging throughout the contest. This also includes Engagement, as well as Presentation. We're looking for how well your game looks, feels, and most importantly plays.

Potential:
We're also looking at how much potential your game has. If we see that after only a few months your game has a lot of potential we will also be willing to work with you on helping to develop your game, as well as sponsor & promote it on our website, and social media.

After the contest:
Anyone who wishes to post their game on our website, as well as sell it if it is within our guidelines and has all commercial use items in it we will highly encourage. Those who place in the top of the games will also receive shout outs, and more! If there's enough potential we might even look at trying to add it on steam for you.

SPECIAL THANKS TO: View attachment 8093 for sponsoring with us! They've donated $20 to help the contest! Make sure to upload your game to their website by clicking their logo!
I am new to RMMV but would love to try this
View attachment 7965

PRIZES:

RULES & INFORMATION:

Judging:

Professionalism:

Gameplay:

Potential:

After the contest:

Please add me to the contest! Excited to try this. Thanks. I am going solo.

Padramyr

Villager
Xy$
I would be willing to participate. All by myself :)
(I'm still trying to figure out whether I can change my nickname on here. If it's possible my name will change to "Padramyr" during the contest. Just for your information ^^)

vigaman

Villager
I'm all in to participate in this contest. Sign me up.

By the way, I won't be working solo so I'm looking for people to collaborate with. I'm going to be handling graphics and level design mostly, but I'll cover all roles if needed. Here are the roles I want to work with:

• Writer (found one)
  • Eventer/Scripter
  • Musician
  • Sound Effects Designer
I'm good to welcome anyone else who needs a team member regardless of what skill you have. If you're interested in working with me, send me a PM. (blush)

I wanna join, please!!!

My game is not ready, but it will be published on Steam soon.

and may I submit it as Steam Code

Last edited:

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
I wanna join, please!!!

My game is not ready, but it will be published on Steam soon.

and may I submit it as Steam Code
You'd have to make a new game, the rules state the game must be started between the start of this competition to the end of the competition. If you're starting a new game let me know and I'll add you to the list :)

Essy

Towns Guard
Xy$
Oof, I may have to drop out of the contest. Basically we have a very lucrative contract coming in and it's going to be very high priority. If I do end up having to drop out I'll at least try to release some scripts to help the competitors.

Yoh!

Yeah, uhh... I registered in this site to give it a try to the contest. It's possible for me to enter? Are there still available spots or is already too late? I doubt I will win, but I hope to give at least a little publicity to my game.

If it's no possible is all right, I read that only members can enter, so I more or less just trying my luck here.

Thanks for the answer!