Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Requesting some ideas only

Hi there guys!

I like to start contributing before asking, but in my current project (which is still just a sketch) I see no alternative but to start asking for some help.
It's just a few suggestions I want and maybe one or another feature you'll have to tell me if you know where to find it.
Come on, I'll make an index and then give some details:

1 - Tool or technique for producing an MV tileet from image
2 - Tool or technique to transform normal music into 8-bit version
3 - Actors, battlers and other moves of characters that use claws.

1 - I do not know if they know the images below but I would like to turn them all into a tileset, but I do not know how in MV or if there are any tools I can use.

517cc3ea1da3d2b3e91c326c99417803.jpg 3af5fba3e2b76dda7934330285d77994.jpg b9208e019343c95d581f966bae3d533c.jpg

2 - I have some songs that I would like to use but first I want to turn them into 8bit midi or something. I did not get a good result, at least not expected, using Audacity. So do you guys know any programs that provide this possibility?

3 - One of the characters uses claws to attack, it's like a wild fighter. I have not found anything (or a lot of things) that would be moving a character in this style so that I use template to create the charset of movement, battlers, animations in general. Characters like the Witchblade, X-Men X-23, or even the Street Fighter Vega (even though he's more feminine than the other two examples). So if they know anything and can give me a north I thank you in advance. (This Tifa's set was the closest I've got)
final_fantasy_7__tifa_lockhart_by_o_fiveasone_o-d6betlm.png

Goodnight everyone and thanks again for your time!

Troctzul

Troctzul: Father, RPG Maker, Conqueror of Worlds
Xy$
I would say it isn't terribly difficult to use Aseprite or Gimp to format the images into a 48x48 grid. I would suggest you look at the assets standards for further information on how MV uses the tilesets. Music is never going to sound very good if you are trying to convert a high quality audio file into midi as you are distorting the quality of the data. Personally, it sounds counter intuitive to even do so. I'd suggest using an actual midi maker for the music. Finally, I am not certain if what you actually want is some sort of action battle system. There are already pre-set animations that involve claws for SV battle scenes, but you would likely have to create your own character graphics if you want them to display a claw on their map image. It is possible to display an animation on event, and it could give the appearance of a "claw swipe" attack. Other than that, I am honestly not certain what you mean. Wish I could help further, but hope that may give you some insight on your ideas.

I would say it isn't terribly difficult to use Aseprite or Gimp to format the images into a 48x48 grid. I would suggest you look at the assets standards for further information on how MV uses the tilesets. Music is never going to sound very good if you are trying to convert a high quality audio file into midi as you are distorting the quality of the data. Personally, it sounds counter intuitive to even do so. I'd suggest using an actual midi maker for the music. Finally, I am not certain if what you actually want is some sort of action battle system. There are already pre-set animations that involve claws for SV battle scenes, but you would likely have to create your own character graphics if you want them to display a claw on their map image. It is possible to display an animation on event, and it could give the appearance of a "claw swipe" attack. Other than that, I am honestly not certain what you mean. Wish I could help further, but hope that may give you some insight on your ideas.
Yes, you helped! Now we are on the way haha

About tilesets: I'll look into what you've said about assets and learn about how MV uses the tiles. I think I have Asprite somewhere here too.

About the songs: I'm going to look for a good midi creator and do the fingernail, I understand some music and maybe even use my keyboard. Would there be one you could recommend? As I had stopped with RPG Maker I lost a lot of tool or I'm outdated of some lol

About the character: Yes, I know the claw animations and I intend to use them. I will rather create the sprites from scratch, with the movements and the appearance of the claws already in the drawing of the character. My game will be in ABS or I'll use the MOG Linear, or I'll do something between one and the other, but what I mean is that the battle animations and moves of blows and etc will be well detailed. Only if I found something like this to have only a base of ideas could I make the process a bit faster or at least dynamic