Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Realistically, how good do I need to be with javascript?

ItsBuffy

Villager
Xy$
I've begun to learn java script, i might be 10-12 hours in. I'm wondering, How good do I need to be with javascript to be able to do a fairly decent amount of stuff with RPG maker? I don't have any other reasons to learn it its solely for rpg maker I don't need it for anything else. I know it's kind of a vague question im just looking for a rough estimate or whatever input you have on the topic

CynicSyndrome

Towns Guard
Xy$
I've been wondering the same thing for four years almost. since then I've become quite good at using JavaScript to customize events however there are still many scripts I've never heard of or encountered. There is a whole lot out there. The best advice I can give: Become as familiar as you can with the core scripts and check out this link. https://kinoar.github.io/rmmv-doc-web/globals.html