Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Real-Space Combat / Movement

Sethorion

Towns Guard
Xy$
I'm looking for a real-space combat plugin: Instead of entering Battle Mode and making turn-based attacks, your character would move on the map and slash at enemies and take damage when attacked, like you would in the old Zelda games. A great plugin that accomplished this in VX Ace was the Sapphire Action System. I'm looking for something comparable.

I am willing to help develop this, but I don't know the language yet (I'm starting today). If this plugin already exists, that is better. If anyone with more experience wants to develop this with of without my help, that would make me super happy. Ideally, this would be fairly simple to use and would be accessible to the general community.

Nice Additions for the Plugin:
Weapon Animations (important)
Variety of attacks (tertiary)
Weapon Art/Animations change when weapon changes (tertiary)
Item damage based on dice rolls (ATK = 1d6 +3, for example) (tertiary)
Calculating crits based on character perameters (like "Dexterity" and "Luck") (tertiary)
Movement that Ignores map grid. (important)
Projectiles (arrows, spears, spells, etc) (important)
Knockback (weapons, spells) (tertiary)
Buffs and Debuffs (poison, slow, burn,etc...) from incoming and outgoing attacks. They don't need animations, since the developer can create that easily. (tertiary)

I'm also open to resources that would help me to create this.

Bizarre Monkey

I SHALL BE GLORIOUS!
You're in essence asking for an action battle plugin.

Try this + this.

Most else, you can check and do easily with ingame event methods.

Knockback: When collision detected
Set move route (wait, skip)
1 step backward.

Weapon animations.
Check if weapon X is equipped, if so, play animation X on player or player target when collision is made.

You could yes, even use variable checks + random variance in event condition to add modifer+1d6 for damage rolls.

Projectiles is easy once you know how.

You're asking for a monster of a plugin here. My advice is to use a collision script and a pixel movement script, then event the rest. That's what I'd do.

That said, I'm teetering on the brink of insane.

Last edited:

Sethorion

Towns Guard
Xy$
Thank you, both!
As a quickie: I've got a pretty good idea of how the Orange Movement System works, but what about the pixel collision system? Is that the collision detection you mentioned?