Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random Images Plugin

Should the random Title, Game Over and Loading... images be combined into one plugin?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have three plugins to randomize images on the Title Screen, Game Over screen and Loading... screen.

These were intended to be game-exclusive, but my main game dev co-partner suggested they be made available publicly.

So, I'm putting it to the vote on whether to keep them as separate plugins or combine them into a single plugin with options to toggle each part on or off. Which would you prefer?

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
I would personally add them into one Plugin with the option of turning off and on. I personally like my Plugin list to be a bit shorter and combining plugins would save on space as well as the hassle of changing setting for each one.

Here's the thing, putting them together makes sense. The problem with making them separate is that it's less useful for the consumer.

Additionally if there is an issue or a cool change you'd like to make it'd be better to be maintaining one plugin over three.

Personally, I agree. To me it's MORE logical to put them into one. The reason I'm putting it up for vote is a number of my testers prefer them as separate plugins. That way, they said, they can turn them On/Off in the "plugin list". *Shakes head* At least here there are more pragmatic people. LOL