Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resource icon

Personality Test Demo 2017-09-21

No permission to download
Caesar Harris submitted a new resource:

Personality Test Demo - Tests 18 answers and comes up with a race.

Hey guys. I'm currently in the process of developing a game and I want some QA testers to help me with a Personality Test Demo. It's pretty BETA, just 18 short and sweet questions to determine a race. But I need to fine tune it. So, anyone who wants to help, I'd be glad to put you in the credits of my completed game! :D
Read more about this resource...

Gregorius

Villager
Xy$
Caesar Harris submitted a new resource:

Personality Test Demo - Tests 18 answers and comes up with a race.

Hi Caesar,

I just tried out your personality test. Interesting concept, reminds me of the old Ultima games. I'm currently trying to implement something like that for one of my game projects too, though the test is fewer questions and determines the class, as opposed to the race. As a question, are these "values" (the worldview behind each of the answers) going to be prime values for each of the races? (as in, it seems that elves value freedom and nature, while "companions" seem to value loyalty and friendship)

A few tweaks, if I may:

1. With several of the questions, at least one of the options was too long for the window (so the text was lost).
2. The final question asks what race you think you are like, but with no explanation of the races. Since this test is designed to determine your race, it might be better to instead declare the race and show a sprite of a sample of that race, or at least a portrait, as well as a brief explanation of what makes that race special, then maybe an option for the player to choose if they like their choice (continue on to the game) or if they would rather start over (begin again).