Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Passibility on tiles that are half-transparent

Lightcycler

Villager
Xy$
Having issues with tilesets...

upload_2018-5-9_17-25-36.png

I'm running into problems trying to make it so that the player can brush up against objects such as this piano ^^ from the side. The player cannot get any closer to the piano than the length of a tile away (shown above, that's the closest they can get).

Is there a way to fix this?

The back of the piano works perfectly fine, covering up enough of the player to create a sense of depth, after tweaking the Passibility on the tileset: (using the Bush feature, Star)
upload_2018-5-9_17-27-0.png

This problem is giving me a headache. I'd really appreciate some help!

Last edited:

Status Gear Entertainment

Praised Adventurer
What you're looking for is Passage (4 dir) on the tilesets tab

upload_2018-6-6_1-22-52.png

if you look at the dark piano on the right side you'll notice I clicked the arrows pointing outward. That means that passability coming from that direction (in reference to the piano's position) is allowable. Now you'll notice you will somewhat overlap it still but you will be much closer to that than the gap you posted in the photo.

But if you are looking for something better might I suggest Quasi's Pixel Movement

Lightcycler

Villager
Xy$
Thank you! Best movement plugin I've used thus far, and the collision mapping I'm going to have a lot of fun with. Already did a custom map just for the parlor. Feels much more realistic.

Capture.JPG