Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New battle system

Floria

Villager
Xy$
Hi!

I've try to make a different way to win battle. But i don't know how do that.

For a little kid i want to change de system, and make that for an attack the kid have to resolve and mathematical operation.

An mathematical addition for low damage, division for great damage. And have the competence associated.

For exemple to send a fire ball resolve x*y=w
If it's the right answer the fire ball is sent if it's the wrong answer do nothing.

I want too that the competence be accessible with normal xp way and levelling.

I've make an combat event who is functional but is static and don't evolve with level.

This is possible with pluggin to make that? and if yes how?

Thank you very much for your answerd, I precise i'm a beginer, but I learn fast.

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I will work on this until it is figured out or until someone else has an optimal solution.

I have used simple mathematics within a battling system that had numerical battlers. this was for simple addition and subtraction. The student had to chose (attack) the correct battler to get credit for the answer; it just just one correct attack, and they would 'win' that entire battle. Selecting/attacking any other option than the correct battler resulted in a lost scenario.

Floria

Villager
Xy$
Thank's you for your response !

I realy want a battle system.
This is the battle event that I have made, but this not change with the levelling.

Attachments

eivl

Local Hero
Xy$
Just to clarify a bit, you want to ask the player a math question, if he gets the answer right it is a hit?
Strength of the attack is based on if you choice a hard or difficult question.

Is this more or less what you mean?