Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name one thing that you added to your MV Project today

Macro

Pantologist
Xy$
I notice when I force (uh, motivate?) myself to add at LEAST one addition to my game each day, that it helps me do so on the next day as well. Then sometimes even more things are added because I get the rhythm going more. However, if I skip a day, then I get lazier and lazier.

How about you all, do you have a motivation plan?

I challenge my fellow game makers to come in here once a day/week/whenever to list at least one change, improvement, addition, resource built etc. that helps their game move along. Keep the post as simple or as deep as you like, and list the biggest achievement(s) made for that day!

You can even list a goal for the next day so you can track your goal reaching skills too! ;)

Last edited:

Micro

Dragon Goddess
Hey awesome, I really like this idea!

Let's see.... today I'd like to add some "fluff" to our first few maps. items, dialogues, flashbacks etc - I'm hoping to do at least two.

Macro

Pantologist
Xy$
Goal Reached: Finished a custom sprite sheet (base) for my character, Breezy.
Next Goal: Create a simple skill tree (that can be added on to later) for at least one character.

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
Today I fixed numerous bugs, evented bugs & script bugs, I also added in message codes to dialogue to have keywords stand out.

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@Amysaurus YES! I want to see those pointy elf ears on the characters. Thanks a bunch. Fae folk and elven kind thank you.

Today, I finished up RETRO-fitting the Titles1 and Titles2 folder of RMMV and made them Black and White.

Isaac The Red

Towns Guard
I can't Say I can absolutely post updates to what I've done on my project on a daily bases, more so because I work a 40+ hour week, than any lack of motivation. While I've noticed a lack of subhuman actor materials and that's something I think I will actively need at some point in my projects, I've Purchased some hardware to facilitate more game resource development. A new Wacom Intuos Drawing Tablet, and a Korg Kaossilator Pro.... ok so the second one likely isn't going to do much for my Fantasy games, but any modern/sci-fi games will benefit from it when It arrives from japan. [because for whatever reason the most affordable one on price+shipping was the farthest away]

As for what I've done today for my Project, I've laid down the overall groundwork for my class and subclass system, using yanfly's engine of course. My next goal is to complete skill lists for the classes, as well as make up my mind on Certain classes skill systems.... and weather or not I want TP modes to be selectable or be based on the class itself.

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
Today I'm back to working on my generator recreation, which is going alright. I'm doing a few things differently, like making capelets, etc. on outfits a separate option.

Macro

Pantologist
Xy$
Yeah I didn't say we had to every day Mr. BigMc- ahem @Isaac The Red. Whenever is just fine! I'm surprised anyone even posted in here at all though and was happy to see some updates. ^_^

I did a recolor on my custom sprite today, still waiting for @Micro to look at her..

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
I forgot to update on yesterdays work, but I have worked on Sock Quest yesterday and today so I got a nice chunk of updates.
  • Added numerous Yanfly plugins(Skill core, Item Core, Equip Core, Status Core, Shop Menu Core, Skill Learning System,(Expect all these to be used to full potential and possibly tweaked more)
  • Played through the demo at least 3 times, and fixed bugs, added pizazz as I went along.
  • Fixed up the quest journal, added an extra quest
  • Fixed Window Pop plugin alignment issue(finally 100% resolved ffs)
  • Added more animals( birds, dogs, chickens & soon an entire farm lol)
  • Revamped the item descriptions and some skill descriptions, they are much more detialed now.
  • Socks collected in the world are now used to unlock new S.O.C.S (Super original combat skills)
  • With yanflys Enhanced TP plugin, you can now choose between four different styles of play when battling.
Four Battle Styles
Not set in stone
SP = Sock Points

• Whimpy: Guard to increase SP.
  • Back Stabber: Raise SP whenever allies take damage.
  • Brute: Raise SP by attacking and dealing HP damage.
  • Best Friend: Raise SP by healing

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
Today I was not as productive as I would have liked but eh, as long as I started something right? I must say since this thread has started it really got me pushes for at least one thing a day, so thank you @Macro for creating this thread. Anyways I started a plugin today, it will be for Sock Quest, as well as the resource pack. It will allow me to disable certain gauges for specific actors, because where I only have 1 actor at the moment using Tp I wanted to disable that gauge for the other members, so that is the basis of my plugin, rather simple but also useful, I'll include disabling of the mp gauge as well.