Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MV Memory Leak

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
Anyone else noticing the memory leak, it's a hot topic over at the vendors website. Right now I am noticing it, the more I play with MV the higher the memory usage. It starts lagging, database window takes a few seconds to open. Right clicking also has a delay in it. It starts out at 125mb and it's now 224mb memory usage after about 30minutes of developing. Lets hear if you anyone here is noticing this issue as well.
[doublepost=1445623285,1445618173][/doublepost]The steam version also has a memory leak, I have been testing both version and both continue to increase memory usage when using the database and MV in general.

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
At first it was not happening to me, but the second time running MV, the leak started for me. It's pretty serious considering these things should be noticeable by the beta testers before release. I'm still happy though, hopefully there will be a fix soon :).

Tyler

Towns Guard
Xy$
I am seeing MV gradually taking up more and more memory. Starting around 140MB and in my first session it went up to around 390MB, but I used the database very little.

I have not experienced any lag yet, despite my computer not being better then most of the people reporting lagging issues.

Tsukihime

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
Is it actually a leak? Or does it just allocate a bunch of memory and then let GC deal with it whenever it feels like it?
Has anyone gone past, say, 500 MB or 1 GB?

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
Is it actually a leak? Or does it just allocate a bunch of memory and then let GC deal with it whenever it feels like it?
Has anyone gone past, say, 500 MB or 1 GB?
Good question, I will test this today. From what I read over at rmweb is that the program aeventually crashes, after it lagging all the time due to memory usage.

eivl

Local Hero
Xy$
This is the main problem with application development. My question is : Does it leak after it is published?
Yes: then the problem is with the javascript included
No: Problem is with the client, then does it happen with both win32 and darwin biuld? (Windows and OS X)

I've been having the same laggy problem - just for a few seconds each time - while testing both in MV and localhost. But then today I have a lot of memory-hungry programs open. Yesterday, however, when it was just MV open, playtesting did result in momentary lags before it loads. If you have the TDDP_PreloadManager plugin installed and the Preload System SFX option ON, it seems more likely to give these brief pauses before loading.

Rise Evil

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
That reminds me yesterday, when I wanted to change enemy's element rate, RMMV crashed. Tried to do it again, doesn't want to cooperate at all. And they gave a default value of 1000 instead of 100 as well 0_0

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
Well see for me, playtesting the game I get zero lag, but I have never tested it for long periods of time, only around 5minutes every test. MV editor I still don't get much lag but I do watch the memory increase quite dramatically when using database or opening anything . So I'm lucky I get little to no lag :)

Reven

Towns Guard
Xy$
I personally haven't really seen any lag yet, closes thing was when I made a diagonal line in faster-than-accurate mouse stroke while painting tiles. Otherwise for me it's been running fairly well. Haven't watched memory usage though.