Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Modern_day resources for first game?

Hello folks ^^ New person here :) Am interested in finding some few resources for a game I'm working on right now, as well as the answer to a few questions that loom ahead, waiting patiently for answers :)

<> Need a few "modern vehicle" sprites like police car and ambulance as well as several cars with all 4 facing directions to complete my collection and add to my modern times map. The ones already present in the core game aren't enuff for me XD

<> Question about tiles: how can I CREATE my own TILESETS? Like choose some assets from the different already existent ones and assemble them together into a tileset page of my own. Or there are pictures on the Internet or posted by some people on forums (as freely shared items, so am not stealing anyone's work), and these picture act as one entity, just like the already-present tiles. How do I turn them into usable tiles since they don't work just by putting them in the corresponding folder, guessing it's about picture dimensions (above maximum size supported by MV)?

<> Question about tiles: how can I turn images into tilesets (or tiles I can use in game). For example, I wanna draw my own small pictures and turn them into small tiles, will play around with them, see how they appear and use them if approapriate. Also post them here if they're not too horrible XD Do I need specific software?

<> Question about characters: This one my be a bit too much for my skills but am welcoming any answers - I saw and bought a few Medieval DLCs that have 3D moving characters, yet I heard it is somewhat difficult to introduce them ingame due to initial RPM Maker MV's limitations (so probably I will need some editing skills/ plug-ins). Am interested in designing a few characters of mine and animate them like that as well as using the ones I bought :)

Azdak

Villager
Xy$
Hello I'm not sure where to get the assets you need sorry, you might find some on here though :)

To make your own tiles and edit them you need to go into you RPG Maker folder and go into images folder, then into
the TileSet folder, find what tile set you want to edit and open it up in Photoshop or Mario paint .
( what ever photo editing software you use. )
you need to crop them up by hand and then patch them back together how you want them and then you save in the tile set folder.

Starbird

Praised Adventurer
Resource Team
Xy$
the best way to do this is with a template. i'll upload one here. the way the editor reads the tilesets is as four distinctive quadrants. if you "overlap" it will still work, but it will be confusing in the editor because the image will be split up.

take this template, then add a transparent layer. paste the tiles you want to use into that transparent layer. the template will help you make sure everything is lined up correctly. then copy that layer into a new file and save it as a .png in your game's tileset folder. then all you have to do is set up the tilesets in the database.

the different colored regions indicate the quadrants. for best results, do not split single objects over/across those boundaries.

Dalton Sayre

Towns Guard
Xy$
I have some free modern assets if you'd like to check them out. No vehicle sprites at the moment, but I may work on some soon. Let me know if you find anything you like

Hello! I actually came across a few of yours! Thank you, I like the lab ones, I will see how to cram them in my project. Bought a lot of DLCs till now and am loaded with tilesets. But more are always welcome. Back then I didn't know how to build a city, I thought I'd get the thing pre-constructed till I found the ingame premade maps. Thank you anyways, wishing you an awesome new year, filled with more introspection, fulfillment and grace! Hugs >:D<

By the way, my project is growing nicely, slowly and surely, hope yours as well!

Dalton Sayre

Towns Guard
Xy$
Hello! I actually came across a few of yours! Thank you, I like the lab ones, I will see how to cram them in my project. Bought a lot of DLCs till now and am loaded with tilesets. But more are always welcome. Back then I didn't know how to build a city, I thought I'd get the thing pre-constructed till I found the ingame premade maps. Thank you anyways, wishing you an awesome new year, filled with more introspection, fulfillment and grace! Hugs >:D<

By the way, my project is growing nicely, slowly and surely, hope yours as well!
Just wiped out the one I was working on and I'm starting anew. I'm currently working on building new assets & modifying existing ones. Working toward a full space station tileset and animated pieces for it. I'm done with building robots for the time being, back to floor and wall tiles. I hope to have some new/refurbished stuff up soon. If there are any particular pieces you would like to have, let me know what you need & I'll see what I can come up with. Cheers!

Hey again! Honestly, what my game could use would be: laboratory equipment (sci-fi machines and such), chemistry laboratory stuff, ideas about murder: different dead bodies in a pool of blood, in different positions (I might draw these in Sakan myself).

Dalton Sayre

Towns Guard
Xy$
Hey again! Honestly, what my game could use would be: laboratory equipment (sci-fi machines and such), chemistry laboratory stuff, ideas about murder: different dead bodies in a pool of blood, in different positions (I might draw these in Sakan myself).
Got a vehicle done. It might suit your needs. If you haven't yet, Google Galv's Diagonal Movement, there is a nice demo available.

Thank you! I seem to have a problem with the game loading taking a much, much longer time before I can see the menu. Afterwards it works quite well. However... the loading time is so great now... Probably too many plugins... So I will see if it regards any of the plugins, or if this new plugin adds to the problem.