Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moderator Voting

Vote for the next Moderator:

• Amysaurus

Votes: 25 64.1%
  • Bizarre Monkey

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Trumully

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • RagneBro

Votes: 6 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
The questioning time has drawn to an end. Great job everyone with the questions, and the parties for answering the questions. http://www.rpgmakermv.co/forums/mod-campaign.48/ has now came to a close, you can still ask any last minute questions, but as of now. The voting has begun! Place your vote on the person you wish to be a Moderator. Voting will last for 5 days before all votes will stop, and the next moderator will be chosen!

Trumully

Cyborg Kiwi
Question on voting: Can you vote for yourself? (I know Bizarre wants to, that's why I asked)
Also, you spelt Bizarre Monkey 'Bizarre Monkeuy'. Just so you know ;)

Status Gear Entertainment

Praised Adventurer
That lead is unreal.
It's understandable. Go back to all of the campaigns and see the answers each of them give for my questions and you'll notice the difference. ;)

EDIT: I took the liberty of fetching them myself. Each contestant was asked a series of questions that are broad and difficult to answer. Truth is to some of you, these are questions that will be asked in real life when you are trying to take a position of management. Think about it and compare answers with the following.

- I’d like to be a part of the moderating staff because, from the short time I’ve been a part of it, I can see a lot of potential for growth and development in this community that I haven't seen in others I've helped run before. There’s a fun and welcoming vibe already, and I’d love the opportunity to assist in maintaining that.

- Leadership is essentially the act of being in a position in which you are expected to provide guidance and direction to others. In this case, it is about making sure users are aware of the rules and expectations of the community.

- Management is about controlling and making choices for the community based on the current situation, while leadership is about providing the community with the motivation to change the current situation themselves. It’s one thing to go around to everyone and say “Hey, follow the rules!” - my job would be to make people understand and want to follow the rules of their own accord.

- Responsibility is understanding that you hold certain obligations to take actions - accountability is being willing to handle the consequences, good or bad, that stem from your actions. In this case, say I have to ban a member for a week. Based on what they may have done, it was my responsibility to hold them accountable for their actions.

-If I remember correctly, you enjoy basking in the glow of Calibri, while the forum is still strutting around in Verdana.
Was wondering if you'd give me these hellish questions. Ofcourse, I fully understand being in a situation and talking about what you'd do in such a situation are different things.

Answered this in the OP, but your disclaimer is a fair one. I'll just repeat myself! :3
"I've felt so at home in this community, and I really like it here. So I figure, I may as well give it my all!"
And here's a bit more from my response to Sage
"Basically in most places I urge I don't get moderator status, because to me it isn't about whatever perks, it's about being there for the people, very few websites mean enough to me for me to volunteer for moderationship, but I really like it here, so I'd like to be that guy, the public servant and moral detective. To me, that's what a moderator is.

Some sure, may find it more attractive as an authoritarian role, to me that's just silly! A member is just as important as the moderator or even the administrator. And from personal experience, a Member can be just as powerful as an Admin if they strive towards greatness.

It's a title and some additional duties, nothing more."

That seems an odd thing to ask a to-be moderator, don't you think? But regardless, I don't know, really! As the leader of the CCC, essentially it's my task to keep those under my employment both busy and happy, and to lead the general direction of game development, while not only utilizing their resources they've made to boast the project, but to get their name out, too.

Again, while being honest as I can, I'm not really sure! A leader typically also has to manage things, but maybe the answer is that management is done by everyone, members have to manage their behavior, moderators have to manage their own behavior, and discuss with members theirs-- should it be needed. Finally, administrators have to manage many other things. I'm not in the position, nor will I be in the position of leader, should I win or lose this campaign, I'll merely be a public servant, and an aid to the administrators.

It's a pretty broad term, but my best summary is that responsibility is thinking before you make a choice, being responsible with the choices you'd make.

Where as accountability is understanding that the choice you ended up making is now yours, and if it ended up being the wrong one, then it's up to you to right it as best you can, if is deemed necessary.

You like Arial, which is fine, I like it too! Many of my old game design documents are written in Arial. Your rival font, heh, gotta be Calibri, which if I'm not mistaken, is the forum standard, so it'd make sense that it's rivaling the presence of Arial.

They are pretty brutal, but more so just kind of broken in some ways, the last two ones before the font question were fine, but asking someone who is becoming a moderator what it means to be a leader seems a little silly to me.
I believe I have the qualities required to become a good moderator. Personality plays a big part i whether or not a person is a good forum moderator. A good forum moderator needs to be calm and needs to be able to stand an argument without becoming heated. They need to have a good amount of common sense and they need to be able to handle having harsh words tossed at them. They cannot go easy on any one member and they must treat all members fairly. They need to understand their position and not take advantage of it or abuse their powers. Another good quality would be consideration. Good mods need to be considerate.

@Status Gear Entertainment Hard questions so I took help from Siri, like every iphone owner would do.

"Leadership is both a research area and a practical skill, regarding the ability of an individual or organization to "lead" or guide other individuals, teams or entire organizations."

"– The manager administers; the leader innovates.
– The manager is a copy; the leader is an original.
– The manager maintains; the leader develops.
– The manager focuses on systems and structure; the leader focuses on people.
– The manager relies on control; the leader inspires trust.
– The manager has a short-range view; the leader has a long-range perspective.
– The manager asks how and when; the leader asks what and why.
– The manager has his or her eye always on the bottom line; the leader’s eye is on the horizon.
– The manager imitates; the leader originates.
– The manager accepts the status quo; the leader challenges it.
– The manager is the classic good soldier; the leader is his or her own person.
– The manager does things right; the leader does the right thing."

"A duty or obligation to satisfactorily perform or complete a task (assigned by someone, or created by one's own promise or circumstances) that one must fulfill, and which has a consequent penalty for failure."

"Accountability: !n ethics and governance, accountability is answerability, blameworthiness, liability, and the expectation of account-giving.
Responsibility: Responsibility may refer to: being in charge, being the owner of a task or event."
I want to be a mod because I am an active member of the community, and I have some self moderation as I watch out for people going off-topic on threads I have made and I told them to make another thread if they wanted to continue the conversation. I also like helping people as a whole which makes me a useful person. I'm also in a different timezone which means I can work while most of the forum sleep. I also donated, as I love the forums so much, but I'd like to keep that sponsor rank which will help us run the forums.

Ouch. I knew this would come. This is a question that perplexes me all the time. Let me think...
Leadership is an odd thing. My sort of leadership is you are a person with the ability to help lead others with things.
I did my best.

This is much easier.
The difference between leadership and management is that leadership is someone whom helps lead others and management is controlling and managing (It's in the word).

Responsibility is a duty of having to deal and take care over someone or something. Like taking responsibility for my role as mod.

The difference between responsibility and accountability is that responsibility is when you deal and take care over someone or something while accountability is like counting on someone (I think).

Comic Sans? That seems to be everyone's favourite. I don't read your posts enough to know :P
To no surprise, the answers for the bonus question were Calibri and Verdana.

Calibri was first asked of here.
Verdana was revealed here along with the re-occurrence of Calibri.

Last edited:

Zebestian

The Artist formerly known as Kaimen
Resource Team
The vote is exactly going the way I expected it to go. And frankly, I don't know if that's a good thing or not. I guess time will tell. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.