Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mod Campaign is under way!

Pick your candidate:

• EvilChibi

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • MinisterJay

Votes: 25 62.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizarre Monkey

I SHALL BE GLORIOUS!
And let's be fair. Sage shouldn't even BE in this poll. HE IS ALREADY A SITE ADMIN! Having him in the poll when his "running" was clearly for a joke is absolutely inconsiderate and rude to the other candidates.

:/ Thanks.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

HAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Thanks Sage2016, worth every penny I didn't even spend.

Lol relax Croc, it's just a big joke.

THOUGH I TOTALLY MAY HAVE ASKED EVERYONE OF MY COLLECTIVE WHO HAD AN ACCOUNT HERE TO VOTE FOR HIM JUST BECAUSE IT'D BE FUNNY TO SEE THE REACTIONS. HUHUHU~

That said, I don't think many actually came through.

I knew it wouldn't be a violation of fair democracy because Sage's votes weren't ever going to be counted.

The SnG (shits n' giggles) from this whole election has made up for me not being able to make a facetious electorate poll.

Last edited:

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
WooHoo, what a great campaign so far, the last one was a landslide(Amy) but this one has been very close. Good luck to all the participants.

Zebestian

The Artist formerly known as Kaimen
Resource Team
It's too bad several of you left the poll, though (heartbreak)
Yup. The poll could've been a lot closer and a lot more diverse if things just went a little better or just differently really. It was a blast answering all the questions though. :)

Bizarre Monkey

I SHALL BE GLORIOUS!
Except for the ridiculous ones from people who acted like they were already a mod. ;)
Jeez, was I the one who dispelled that impression?

I wasn't trying to sound superior, only like I was a DIIIIICK.

And everybody bought it so well that my posts?

THEY'RE GONE NOW, FOREVER. =)

Probably for the best, they uh... they weren't very nice.

Most of the people I had a chance to give such posts to withdrew anyway.

I voted for Minister Jay, he's a very sensible and well mannered dude, also has a lot of control.

Chibi concerns me some, from literally every time I've been in the chat she's tried to argue about stupid shit with me that was an aside from my original point and she's uh... at least from my limited observation, very emotional and cares too much about small shit she really doesn't need to.

It's not a bad quality, but in a high pressure job like moderation where you are judged for every single thing you do, it's not a place for worry warts, those who worry about everything tend to scrutinize too much on little things, and don't seem to be able to focus on the bigger picture.

People who are a bit more detached are ideal, because they can act on thinking what would be best for the forum, rather than trying to please everybody at once.

There's my honest two cents, sans the nastiness.

Last edited:

Seriel

[Insert Member Title]
Chibi concerns me some, from literally every time I've been in the chat she's tried to argue about stupid shit with me that was an aside from my original point and she's uh... at least from my limited observation, very emotional and cares too much about small shit she really doesn't need to.
There you go again, judging a whole person from that one thing they said that one time. Try to look at the wider picture before making a judgement.

a high pressure job like moderation where you are judged for every single thing you do
Exactly what part of moderation means that you are judged for everything you do?

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
@Bizarre Monkey: I feel like your experience with her gave you a bad impression, but it's whatever. I'm not gonna tell you you can't have your own opinion, lol. Chibi is one of the most relaxed and fair people I know - it's why I voted for her. *shrugs*

@Bizarre Monkey @Jackus: In my experience, if you're getting harsh judgement as a staff member on a forum, it typically means you're either not doing your job, taking yourself way too seriously, or a person feels they're above the rules. I've seen it on every forum I've been to, lol.

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
In my experience, if you're getting harsh judgement as a staff member on a forum, it typically means you're either not doing your job, taking yourself way too seriously, or a person feels they're above the rules. I've seen it on every forum I've been to, lol.
(thumbsup)

I applaud this answer, Amy. Agreeing with what said, it occurs on virtually all forums, no matter what the theme is, and I have seen it for over 30 years.

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
Some people just rub each other the wrong way, lol. It's like how I can get along with some people on Skype, but not on forums. It's just a completely different means of communication.

Anyway, wasn't trying to go debate-mode - just my two cents. *waves hand*

- - - -
>>>> Do we get bobbleheads after this? Modbleheads? I dunno, maybe a Chibi one that goes "roooood" and a Jay one that goes "COMPLIANCE!"?

Macro

Pantologist
Xy$
I can imagine @MinisterJay's announcing "TUTORIFIC" or "RETROTASTIC" in a gameshow host fashion, but not something as robotic as "compliance".

But hey, let's combine gameshow host and robot for additional funnies!

Bizarre Monkey

I SHALL BE GLORIOUS!
I don't know where the idea came from that MinisterJay seeks compliance when his post campaign thread is the word 'freedom' like 60 fukn times.

u guys need to get off dah drugs, yo

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
BM, get your facts right! I used freedom at least 61 times. ;) Comply aunts are the ones that give you the extra cookies when you give them a good hug and cheek kiss when asking for some sweet snacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.