Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resource icon

Main Menu on Map 1.10b (compatibility fix is now fixed. lol)

No permission to download

CT_Bolt

Global Moderator
Staff member
Resource Team
Xy$
Do you have some sort of visual to display?
I'll upload a .gif soon but a still screenshot won't such much different (except the blurred bg). (cute)

What this does is it places the menu on the map instead of changing the scene to "scene_menu".
The events/animated tiles/map effects/etc. continue as normal (might make some of that optional) but the actual menu windows are created and added directly to "scene_map" now.

Oof. How did that happen?
Also, that's neat--sounds great for if somebody's doing an active battle system, so they can't abuse the pause you get from opening the menu.

CT_Bolt

Global Moderator
Staff member
Resource Team
Xy$
Oof. How did that happen?
Oh nothing major just forgot to add a refresh line for the status window when the menu is called...
JavaScript:
this._statusWindow.refresh();
... it's needed since it's not refreshed when the "Scene_Menu" is initialized since this no longer even uses "Scene_Menu". All fixed now.

Also, that's neat--sounds great for if somebody's doing an active battle system, so they can't abuse the pause you get from opening the menu.
Yeah definitely could be helpful with that (didn't even occur to me honestly lol. Good idea though). (cute)
...it's really basic at the moment and was really just a Base for another menu system I've created for an upcoming game I'm wokring on.
(Demo to be released soon... hopefully (cute))

Right now this plugin still uses Scene_Item, Scene_Skill, Scene_Equip, Scene_Status, Scene_Options, Scene_File, Scene_GameEnd for the each of the menu command's though instead of just opening up a window of their own so it's not 100% on solely on the map yet, just the main menu parts & added cancel (optional via the plugin).

PS. Added .gif to main post (choppy because my PC doesn't do great with ScreenCapture Software).

PS. Added .gif to main post (choppy because my PC doesn't do great with ScreenCapture Software)
We've all been there.
Yeah definitely could be helpful with that (didn't even occur to me honestly lol. Good idea though). (cute)
Really? So, I'm assuming that means all of your project's encounters are random rather than evented.
For a while I was on the fence as to whether to do events or random for encounters. Landed on random after some struggle with events.