Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

List of MV Disappointments

Bizarre Monkey

I SHALL BE GLORIOUS!
I think the biggest disappointment for me is that despite YF's pep talk-- the engine is worse for optimization than VX Ace. Mostly due to the tile renderer.

I'm a tad bit disappointed in the short list of default BGMs. They are fantastic quality, but with a track list that short, the game would get kind of annoying without any imported music. Previous games have had 2-3x that many tracks--I just hope there's a bunch of optional DLC content with music, and not teeny tiny 4-5 track ones either. I'm talking DLC with like, 20 songs in it, to give more variety to the background atmosphere.
Make sure to add the ones from the essentials
I know, and in a way it saddens me. I feel like with software like this people need to let the bugs get ironed out first before tearing it a new hole. I've had more fun in MV than I ever did with VXAce already. But I understand that's just me. I just hope Degica can manage to fix the program and get the rest of the database assets out before it is too late to save RPG Maker MV. People HATED the original VX if I remember right.
If they'd have released it in December like originally planned instead of rushing it out the door by October 23rd I think it'd have been a lot more complete.

Me? I'm happy to have it now, and would take that over a month+ wait. They better fix some stuff quick smart, though.

David FoxFire

Adventurer
Xy$
You might have to wait until they publish the "How to make a RPG in under 30 days." Books.

Saaaaaaaay, National Novel Writing Month begins Tomorrow (Nov 1). Maybe someone should write one.

Bizarre Monkey

I SHALL BE GLORIOUS!
Novel's aren't really my thing. That might sound surprising considering i just wrote up a short-stories worth of character descriptions, but that's different, that's tactical data I can use later for me, myself and my collective.

I do write Stories but I couldn't possibly hope to pad out a story into a feature-length novel I don't know how people even do that.

Macro

Pantologist
Xy$
Okay, finally tried the editor out. I can't believe there is no word wrap. I miss my ACE scripts already. >_<

Adlw

Villager
Xy$
¤ It does not still make the coffee, either the tea, or the chocolate cocoa 80 % ¤

@chongjasmine To learn, there is tutoriels which arrive on YouTube of the creators of plugins and the diverse people. There is also a manual in the software. (it also here on the forum also)

After me I would have been able to say it was especially the graphic resources which are lacking but in fact I had forgotten to install one of the packs, I believe that it was " essential set ". Later now with plugins I do not know any more what to say which is lacking because where its plugin or it is going to arrive. There are only the Scriptors and the veterans of the software who can really say it, in my humble opinion.

Bizarre Monkey

I SHALL BE GLORIOUS!
Saw that RIGHT after I made the post but didn't get a chance to edit. >_< No idea how to configure yet, though. (Huge JS noob here.)
Go into the plugin manager, add it in, then scroll down in the list until you find Word Wrap, select this entry and double click/hit return set it to true. If it's already true by default then you're good to go.

My only real dissapointment with MV is the lack of plugin documentation and transparency for making them. Two people I know are fretting about how to make it work properly.

Tyler

Towns Guard
Xy$
Okay, finally tried the editor out. I can't believe there is no word wrap. I miss my ACE scripts already. >_<
As pointed out, we have a plugin to deal with that. However, the reason why RPG Maker never comes out of the box with word wrap is because it is made in Japan for Japan. They don't use our letters, so that line indicating the cut off works really well for the Japanese written language.

The only disappointment I've had so far has been fixed. Those autotiles were killing me.

Macro

Pantologist
Xy$
Go into the plugin manager, add it in, then scroll down in the list until you find Word Wrap, select this entry and double click/hit return set it to true. If it's already true by default then you're good to go.
Yea thanks for filling me in. No longer disappointed at that.