Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

List of MV Disappointments

Tsukihime

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
Not that I didn't expect it to happen, but there were just a few things that I wished they added but they didn't.
Here's one:

Rise Evil

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
I don't understand why they did that since VX Ave... could have been great for not requiring a script for something that simple *sigh*

dcsant

Knight
Xy$
Err...I just installed the engine and noticed that there isn't a way to change the language. I hope at least I can change every in-game text to english....

Rise Evil

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
Err...I just installed the engine and noticed that there isn't a way to change the language. I hope at least I can change every in-game text to english....
You can do it by going to the DataBase anf then go to the last onglet : Term/Lexique

Wize1

Adventurer
Xy$
I think the key about MV is all about the mobile device/touch screen export feature. Also the higher resolution stock resources, they swapped out the resource manager for plug-ins, got rid of the project manager tool, and added side view battle and battler animations as core program option instead of needing yanfly.

Not really disappointed. I do however wish there was more stock art assetts like mouths, accessoris, noses, etc.

However I keep in mind, this is an engine, not a total complete set. I can always hire a graphics artist when I get serious about my production.

I think @Rise Evil thought you meant the terms used in the game such as Level Exp Gold etc ? But I'm assuming you mean the actually dialog in game?
[doublepost=1445648071,1445647948][/doublepost]
I think the key about MV is all about the mobile device/touch screen export feature. Also the higher resolution stock resources, they swapped out the resource manager for plug-ins, got rid of the project manager tool, and added side view battle and battler animations as core program option instead of needing yanfly.

Not really disappointed. I do however wish there was more stock art assetts like mouths, accessoris, noses, etc.

However I keep in mind, this is an engine, not a total complete set. I can always hire a graphics artist when I get serious about my production.
I personally have never been good at creating art myself from scratch but I have always been good at altering artsets and making them my own . I plan to improve upon the char generator soon and uploading resources to give more selections for everyone.

Ok I did a little research for you on changing the language of RPGMV . not sure if this works and it is currently un tested by me atleast ...but try this- currently there is no lang selection built into the engine but the client is supposed to be universal and selects its language format based off what you have selected as your operating system set up as.. example if you have windows installed and set to japanese RM will load its JPN dialog file instead of english

EDIT: After a little more looking into RM plans to patch it later on to make a lang select option..
but currently if you have windows installed as german as the default language your client will be german even if you have you font changed to english.. sadly it sounds as though you d have to reinstall windows as english as its default lang

Rise Evil

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
You mean in the tab 'Terms'?

I didn't found it.
I thought with that, you could change all the game texts like the messages, parameters etc. Unless you mean changing your whole editor's language by yourself. I appologize for not being a great help :(

EraYachi

Knight
Xy$
I'm a tad bit disappointed in the short list of default BGMs. They are fantastic quality, but with a track list that short, the game would get kind of annoying without any imported music. Previous games have had 2-3x that many tracks--I just hope there's a bunch of optional DLC content with music, and not teeny tiny 4-5 track ones either. I'm talking DLC with like, 20 songs in it, to give more variety to the background atmosphere.