Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Legend of Zelda resources

JVG5870

Villager
Xy$
I need sprites of Link, Ganondorf, and Zelda, a Ganon enemy, Zelda style windowskin, andgenerator parts (Happy Mask Salesman backpack, Majora's Mask, etc.)

Dad3353

Praised Adventurer
@JVG5870 ...

I rather think that you'd need the permission of the original artists for the right to use these graphics. Good luck with that; I doubt that there are any such (legal...) sprites available, nor would anyone willingly copy them. My advice..? Choose a different graphic theme that's unique to your Project.

Dad3353

Praised Adventurer
@JVG5870 ...

If the owners of the rights to those graphics give permission for their use, then that's fine. If they don't (or if one doesn't ask...), then it's not. I didn't make the laws on copyright or intellectuel property, and I may not even agree with them, but they're there. Not many folks are going to want to flout them, fan-game or not. Good luck with the hunt, though.

A13XIS

Villager
Xy$
Well it's legal to use LoZ-style sprites (ones, which aren't ripped from the games), aka use the copyrighted characters for a fangame, because Fan games are transformative, but this would require someone to make "accidentally similar" spritesets and I never saw one of those.