Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Killer Gin Version 0.9.8 (Online, PC, MAC, Browser, Linux DEMO) RPG with dating and farming

Killer Gin Version 0.9.8 (Online, PC, MAC, Browser, Linux DEMO) RPG with dating and farming

Killer Gin

Towns Guard
Xy$
Killer Gin submitted a new resource:

Killer Gin (PC, MAC, and ANDROID DEMO) (Free of course) - RPG MAKER MV, full demo, Upload will have PC version, links will have MAC and Android Version

(*The game is constantly being updated, all screenshots are old.)

Current Demo: 0.2.4

Demos Available: PC, MAC, Android

Last Demo uploaded 6/04/16

Game Features:

Multiplatform Release

• The game will be commercially available for PC, MAC, Android, and Iphone, mid 2016!...
Read more about this resource...

Last edited:

TheGameFreak

Villager
Xy$
Somewhere in the beginning of the game, "army" isn't with a capital letter. Is that okay?
[doublepost=1458486945,1458485480][/doublepost]When I go southwards from the village. Shin says: "Where do you think your going". It needs to be: "Where do you think you're going."

Killer Gin

Towns Guard
Xy$
@TheGameFreak

Hey, thanks for downloading the game. I just wanted to let you know that I updated the game to 2.1.1. It addresses the main game issue (difficulty) plus adds a few more updates. I will include your feedback into the next demo, thanks!

Killer Gin

Towns Guard
Xy$
Killer Gin updated Killer Gin (PC, MAC, and ANDROID DEMO) (Free of course) with a new update entry:

Demo Updated to 2.2.3a. The file size has been compressed from 500 MB to 150 MbB!

Killer Gin Android Version is available to download!

https://killergin.com/downloads/

- In the process of play testing I also updated PC and MAC version 2.2.3(a) as well!

- PC, Mac, and Android versions are all the newest and best version!

Enjoy and thanks for playing!

~Freddie

#killergin #IndieGame #demo #college #professor #STEM #STEAM #PC #MAC #Android #iPhone #Scholarship #videogame #education #computerscience
Read the rest of this update entry...

Killer Gin

Towns Guard
Xy$
Killer Gin updated Killer Gin (PC, MAC, and ANDROID DEMO) (Free of course) with a new update entry:

Demo Updated as of 6/04/16

Killer Gin Updated to 0.2.4!

Whats new?

• The Game is MUCH easier! Especially in the beginning.
  • Gordo is VASTLY improved! He is still considered a joke character but he can now hold his own.
  • More items, skills, maps, etc.
  • Battle Select Cursor.
  • Corrected version number.
Now you should be able to truly enjoy the game,

Regards,

The Killer Gin

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I read in a profile post that you were thinking of making the game easier. Please DO NOT do that. Players that do not equip armour nor explore entire regions deserve what is coming to them. ;)

Killer Gin

Towns Guard
Xy$
I read in a profile post that you were thinking of making the game easier. Please DO NOT do that. Players that do not equip armour nor explore entire regions deserve what is coming to them. ;)
Thanks of the concern. I just made the beginning easier and eased the frustration with Gordo. Initially, all the characters were NOT equipped for battle in the beginning of the game. You were forced to look around town, buy crafting materials (perhaps talk to a few people), and outfit your character appropriately. If you did not do the following, you would get creamed outside. Now, you are automatically equipped (with low level gear) just in case you wanted to rush outside and check out the battle system real quick. A lot of people rushed and assumed the game was an unbalanced piece of poop lol. It also didn't help that Gordo was just plain terrible lol. I didn't want to lose a lot of players right off the bat because they are new or just plain.... inexperienced lol. You gotta love the Shin-Gordo banter!

Last edited:

Jodis

Adventurer
Xy$
I agree. I for one love to expore and find all the hiden stuff more than winning the game. and the longer the better.

Killer Gin

Towns Guard
Xy$
I agree. I for one love to expore and find all the hiden stuff more than winning the game. and the longer the better.
I agree. I just made the beginning easier. I always keep the explorers in mind. I reward the explorers with more treasure, skills, story, easter eggs, etc.

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
@Killer Gin . Thanks for explaining. I am ole school. We used to roll up twenty plus characters, in the early 80's, hopinh one or two survived to second level. We had to learn quickly, not to make foolish mistakes in RPGing. (wink) You see a lonely ogre, ahead on the path. What do you do? The only answered that worked out was quietly, yet quickly run away...

You have a lot of good elements for this game. I like that many chests are "locked" until they can be picked and, even after playing through (the beginning part anyway) several times, I'm still discovering a few of those "hidden gems". I'll start doing a proper play-through soon, but so far I'm enjoying it immensely. I particularly like the novel-style narrative. :)

Killer Gin

Towns Guard
Xy$
Hello Companion Wulf,

Wow, that means a lot, especially coming from a fellow developer. I have a couple questions for you, feel free to answer if you wish.

So you played the game few times already? (I am glad Killer Gin still peaks your interest)

Which hidden gems do you speak of? Does it involve chicken? The Shin-Gordo banter? (Having Shin in the party when you speak to Gordo is always interesting, especially after the Council meeting scene.)

My game gets lot of criticism because of the narration style that I use. It was a book (not completed) before it was a game and sometimes I can't help it. Plus there are some scenes that are impossible to convey due to graphical limitations.

As a matter of fact I get a lot of criticism because of the Gordo jokes (I love Gordo by the way).

I look forward to your play through (always make sure you have the most up to date version: www.killergin.com), there is SO much more to learn, discover, and enjoy. It would be great to receive a Review from someone who actually fully played the demo. ;0)

Thanks again,
The Killer Gin.

@Killer Gin Bear in mind, I've only just entered the Goblin forest. I was mostly exploring the crafting system until I decided to actually venture out. The nuances that make this game stand out a little more are its subtleties. Most people would likely plough through the first part and go straight to the first storyline quest (in this case the forest), but a little exploration uncovers some of those gems.

Chasing after Grandma's chickens was a bit of fun. Running around like a headless chicken myself, trying to catch them, only to find out that they're not all Grandma's. There are plenty of side-quests to do (always wins points with me), as I'm something of a completionist so tend to try and do as many as possible. The addition of a decent minimap makes a huge difference to overall gameplay. And having a bit of world lore adds a bit more dimension to the game.

I like the general conversations/banter between the characters at the moment, don't have any particular likes yet. Gordo is an interesting character; his jokes aren't for everyone certainly, but through them I think a lot of his personality shines through.

Perhaps one of the reasons for the criticism of having a novel-style narrative is because it's "outside the norm". I've not seen that many that have it. One of my projects, The Adventures of Tryggr (on indefinite hold while we focus on the two main projects), is a bit like that, since it's essentially a chronicle of Tryggr's adventures. When development on it starts again, it'll be much more interactive-fiction driven, rather than a novel-style RPG. During very early beta-testing (for those few who signed up mainly via the Otherworld blogsite initially to test Otherworld), the feedback was mostly positive, but the criticism WAS its novel-style of writing. Past tense rather than present tense, notably from the perspective of the characters in the form of conversation or thoughts.

I'll do a proper playthrough on one of my next days off so I can give a decent analysis. I'm not one to do these "let's plays" so if I manage to write up a review, it'll be updated on the RPG Maker Times blog.

Killer Gin

Towns Guard
Xy$
Hello Campanion Wulf,

I am so glad to hear that someone appreciates the subtleties and "gems" that I hide all around my game. Believe me, there is more, especially when you dig a little deeper into the quest system and the Infinity dungeon itself. I am currently working on expanding the game via more maps and game play mechanics (say hi to more areas and dungeons with spikes in the next version).

The also plan to greatly expand the game lore in the next version. I am working on the game trailer, in game cinematics, etc.

I need to get a game testing crew together. I was fortunate enough to have a couple people play the game so that I could catch my mistakes, adjust to their play styles, etc but not much. I can see how having game testers would be greatly beneficial. I am sure that you can easily see that writing is not my strong suite (or maps for that matter). I believe I have come up with some ingenious eventing techniques thus far. I do not want to go into further detail, I wouldn't want to ruin a few surprises Killer Gin has in store.

No problem, I already appreciate your response/feedback! I look forward to more as you continue your journey.

Thanks again,
The Killer Gin

Dad3353

Praised Adventurer
Good afternoon, KG...

My curiosity was piqued enough to download and install your demo, and I'm impressed..! Very smooth, a quite 'chirpy' feeling, and nicely reactive using mouse and keyboard. Doubly interesting, to me, as there are coincidental comparisons that I can find between yours and my own, very much more primitive, Demo (Rachdale Cheese; see 'Demos and Testing'...), even down to a Chicken Run and Recipes..! The (vast...) differences, too, are inspiring; I shall doubtless think about how to incorporate some of the notions in any future forays I may make.
I've not progressed enormously in the game (Disclaimer: I'm a (very...) old duffer, quite far removed from the typical target audience, and a pitiful game player...); I got wiped out by the Dark Lord South-East of the Werewolf hut in just two blows..! Doubtless far too early, and very much ill-prepared for such a venture, but that's another way to learn..! I'll keep going (I'm only up to three'Save's, so early days yet...) and will spend much more time exploring more fully the Village, with its side tasks, before taking on any more tough'uns.
On a technical side (and this is only my poor appreciation, not a criticism...), I have always found it irritating to have to confirm each and every text box; my own Demo does this automatically after a short delay. I realise that some folks read a little more slowly than others, and for a game destined more towards a commercial release I would perhaps have to change this, but as I did mine essentially for my own instruction, I didn't want to 'build in' this irritation. Still, one gets used to 'clicking' after reading, so it just shows how seldom I play these games, eh..?
Bravo again, then; I'll report back once I've gone a little more thoroughly into the concept, and enjoyed a little more the hunt for 'gems' of all sorts.
Thanks for posting; meanwhile...
Have a nice day
Douglas

Killer Gin

Towns Guard
Xy$
Hello Douglas,

Ah, great minds think alike! I just played your demo and left a comment in the discussion, good work. Cool, I am glad that you enjoy some of the game mechanics in my game. You will enjoy it much more when you venture deeper into Killer Gin. I would like to think my questing system (free choice) and the infinity dungeon are some of the best aspects of my game (and you got to love the game journal). LOL, yes the Dark Lord is a wondering mini-boss (a weapon!). You must attain much better gear (and a ton of levels) before you stand a chance. LOL pressing to confirm each and every dialogue box has been a staple of RPG's as fas back as I can remember. Yes, people read at much different speeds. I read very fast and I was having a tough time catching up with the dialogue in your game. Plan to change this now or later? This can create a whole lot of work for you to do later if you decide to change it later (if you want to, your game, your choice). Yes, clicking becomes second nature, especially if you have a controller, the mouse isn't too shabby either. Are you enjoying the hunt for Gems? You mean when you mine ore? You can use gem crafting and slot them into your weapons and armor. Then you must visit the Infinity Dungeon very soon, you'll understand why when you get there.

Regards,
Freddie

Dad3353

Praised Adventurer
I've just finished updating the text box system, taking out the 'auto' feature, returning them to 'standard' behaviour. It took, in all, about 20 minutes to go through the some 2500 instances, most of which was careful checking and double-checking that I was modifying the correct Map (50 or so...). Done now, anyway, and I did a quick test run to prove to myself it had all gone as planned. There, I've even reacted to Tester feedback; how cool is that..? You've been added to the Credits, of course. Anyone else want to try their luck..?
I'll now go into 'think' mode and see how I can weave this 'journal' notion into the scheme of things. Hmm, back soon...

Killer Gin

Towns Guard
Xy$
Killer Gin updated Killer Gin Version 0.5.6d (Online, PC, MAC, and ANDROID DEMO) (Free of course) with a new update entry:

Massive Update! Killer Gin 0.5.6d

Killer Gin Update 0.5.6d (Online!)
(Thanks Collins Middle School Students)

-Play Killer Gin online via Browser: http://www.indiexpo.net/en/games/killer-gin
-Custom time and weather mechanics
-Story expanded, new quests and items
-New coat of paint for everything!
-Battle system changed
-Custom Sleep Mechanic Added
-Quest fixes, game mechanic tweaks (Thanks to the middle schoolers, and Andrew lol)

www.killergin.com

I look forward to your...