Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a plugin or method to speed up NPC walking speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcgarcia

Villager
Xy$
Hello, I was wondering if there was a plugin or some way to speed up the walking animation of an NPC character. I already tried changing the speed and frequency for the npc but its still not as fast as I would like. I also went to custom route and added like 12 change speed:6 but it doesn't seem to change it anymore. Any advice would be very welcomed.

The command only changes it once, so 12 change speed 6's won't work more than once.
Make sure frequency is set to highest.
Can we see your event?
How fast do you want it to go?

rcgarcia

Villager
Xy$
its for a mini game that i'm working on. So every time the player touches the event(NPC) it speeds up. I wanted to have it speed up 4 times, with the fourth being really fast to increase the difficulty of the mini game. I set the frequency to the highest, I was hoping there was a plugin to make it even faster.

Essy

Towns Guard
Xy$
Code:
this._moveSpeed = x
Make a script call within the relevant move route.
You can make it as humorously quick as you want.
I do not suggest touching frequency though.

Essy

Towns Guard
Xy$
You'll have to do it in set move route.
Second event page -> Movement -> Set Movement Route
Inside there you'll see "Script..." as the bottom right option .
That's where you would set it.

For completion's sake, this is because when you call "this" in the normal script call it's looking at the event information, as in the ID and settings. Whereas in Move Route it's looking at the 'Character' which has behaviors such as movement speed.
Just be sure to set the Move Route top left tab as 'this event'

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
I marked the "Best Answer" post in this thread, it makes it easier when others are searching for an answer and happen to come across this thread.

I'm also closing this thread due to being resolved if for any reason you'd like it re-opened please report the post and let us know why.

Status
Not open for further replies.