Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it possible to call some kind of password event by script or plugin?

Iam working on an education game for japanese language. Its perfect that the RPG-Maker MV supports all japanese letters and kanji.
Iam checking the vocabulary by showing a word and the player has to pick the correct translation from 6 words what are shown by the choice function from event.
So i thought it would be a bigger challenge if the player would have to type the word himself.
Iam just curious if there is some kind of password function or a event what opens a window, where i can write something inside by the keyboard, and its getting checked if the word is correct.

Iam currently working on a virtual keyboard map, and doing all this by switches, variables and events, but its crazy much work^^
I just wanted to ask if there is a easier way to do this, before i finish my virtual keyboard map :3

Neotheny

Villager
Xy$
maybe there is a plugin for that, but you could make an empty actor, then have an event with command [input actors name] then have a conditional branch for right and wrong.

Sinnistar

Praised Adventurer
Hm, one thing you could try is use an actor for the "password" and use the input name thing. But then you'd have to tie the event conditional branch to something like "If Actor # is named (name) than do ...) which in a sense would work fine. But to type it out I'm not sure if it works for that. But yeah you can do it by eventing pretty easily if the kanji is in the game already. And it would work using the same actor for many different "names" too since it would be based on whatever they name it. Can prolly reset the name to blank after whatever the password was for got opened as well making it essentially a new slate each time so there's no mistake. Just my ideas on it xP (I do a lot of unique eventing so can figure some cool stuff out with it)

Thank you all for your ideas and help :) The Quasi-Plugin is really great, but its not supporting japanese letters. I can write japanese in the Editor wherever i want and can give characters names with kanji and kana letters, but ingame its impossible to write. After all i just made a virtual keyboard, in the same way i did once in RPG-Maker XP before :3

eivl

Local Hero
Xy$
I can try to make it support kanji, i will ask Quasi for permission first.
[doublepost=1454657784,1454595227][/doublepost]Just talked to Quasi, i am free to do whatever i want, but he is going to update the plugin to support different languages in the next update, not sure if you want to wait or if you want me to fix it for you.

Quasi Input is very nice, but if this plugin is activated it disables the keys i use in other plugins.
For examble if i use Galv's Jump plugin, the button for jump is C.
But if Quasi Input is activated C isnt working anymore for jump.

And if i have used a button on keyboard to call a common event and activate quasi input plugin, it acts like this button is pressed all the time. For examble my Menue-Teleport-Button. As soon Quasi input is activated it starts to teleport me into menue and back all the time...

I would be very happy if there would be a way to make quasi input compatible to my game : )