Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

introducing myself!

ArchiaArt

Villager
Xy$
Hello everyone, looks like I have to talk about myself! I found this place on one of my desperate scrambles through the internet looking for RMMV help, and from my lurkings the community looked vibrant and happy to share and motivate each other. Which is what I need! Because... game making isn't my forte.

So what is my forte? I'm an artist/writer, I mostly draw fanart and write fanfiction, although I have been trying to break away from fandom to tell stories about my own characters. I have great memories of playing with RMXP as a kid, and so decided to get RMMV to make my game~ Here's a video I posted on my tumblr of the early appearance of my game! I am going for a sidescrolling adventure game feel ^^

Here is some of my art! [x] [x] [x] [x]

Nice to meet you ^^

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That is an awesome thing about MV, no one has to been an expert to use it. It almost makes it a level playing field. Welcome to the forums ArchiaArt, and as you will quickly find, there are a lot of resource here.

Eien Nanashi

Temporarily Goddamn Bright Yellow
Xy$
Welcome!

You're really good at art! I draw too, but I'm amateur-level at it. Kinda hard to imagine how I'll be able to match some people's levels.
That game you're working looks very interesting, I really like that style. I also planned to make somewhat of a side-scroller view game like that since Halloween, but so far it has just been an idea... XD
I hope you enjoy your stay here!

Zebestian

The Artist formerly known as Kaimen
Resource Team
Kinda hard to imagine how I'll be able to match some people's levels.
Oh that's not so hard, Eien. You just have to finish something for a change. XD
Anyway, @ArchiaArt, welcome to the forum where there's no "envy" only "MV". I sure hope you'll get all the help you need here. I had a look at the video and your art and, well, you might have noticed that I left you a follow on tumblr. If all your art looks like the samples you linked us to I want them on my dash. ^_^

Akod

Praised Adventurer
Welcome to the forum!

You came to the right place for MV help, we have people here who can help you with just about anything you may need help with, and they are more than happy to do so. I checked out your video, that's a very interesting design choice for using RPG Maker. Side-scroller with full-sized characters, that's not something you see much in the RM circle, but it works and it looks great. Keep up the good work! =)

I hope to see you around!

ArchiaArt

Villager
Xy$
@MinisterJay: Yes! RMMV is definitely a leveller ^^ I am happy to be here! I hope I can also add resources to the community myself~ Gotta give, to get!

@Eien Nanashi: Thank you! I've been drawing since I could hold a pencil... if you are interested, I am actually starting a 'how I draw' series on my tumblr [here is part one] and after I finish it, I will be taking requests from people as to what areas to cover in more detail ^^

Yes, it turns out making a sidescroller game is easier than I anticipated! I love that kind of look... I was really inspired by that desert city (Anchiem?) in Bravely Default. I just loved running around that map!

@Kaimen: Thank you Kaimen! I am glad you like my art ^^ And thank you for the follow!

@Akod: Hello! Yeah, I liked the vibe of this community, hence why I signed up! I'm glad you are interested in my design choices. Making a sidescroller is easier than I thought - although you wouldn't think it to look at RMMV default graphics, its really amazingly flexible as a program~

Pl4yingP4nda

Villager
Xy$
Welcome @ArchiaArt Im really looking forward to see what you will show us in this community. Have fun with your drawing because it's awesome too see it and you should have fun while making it. :3 stay awesome.

-Julien

Bizarre Monkey

I SHALL BE GLORIOUS!
At first I thought you might be another Archia or Archeia as she's known, but then you were humble and didn't brag about being a good game dev so I guess you're not her, lol!

Well, welcome regardless. I'm the not-so-nice but infinitely awesome little poopants who runs around here making messes...

I haven't made any lately though, I've just sorta watched everyone do that for me! :D

Also, if you like art, you should make a thread in this subforum and show us your skills!

Last edited:

ArchiaArt

Villager
Xy$
@Bizarre Monkey No I am definitely not a practiced game dev lol! I am more of a game fan... though I made a visual novel a few years ago but it was REALLY BAD ahaha~

Funny that there are two people with similar name using rmmv, I picked the nickname ages ago because I thought it was uncommon! But then I found out that a lot of architecture sites use it... and now this Archeia xD

I'll make a thread for sure!