Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Intro+Short gameplay of my game :D (+XENOGEARS BS inspired!)

Myzt

Towns Guard
(It's just a 1:25 intro scene)
Juzt an unpolished intro+short gameplay of my game...(character-centric story)
Recolored pretty tiles, to match to Ru's favorite colors
It starts very light atm but still abit bizarre...and abit of Ru's touchy remembrances :3
+More thorough basic tutorial of the unusual battle gameplay(TEDDY BEAR PRACTICE) :)

(At 1st battle gameplay starting point it's like Basic Decisive HP/EN POWing
"BUTTON SPAMMING"using "DRIVE")

(But it gets deeper, strategical and more interesting in gameplay experience as you progress the game further as well as the twisted character centric story xD) :3

What do guys think ? :D
Feedbacks appreciated

Oh and it also shows abit of what type of character Goddess Ru(main character) is x3
PS:The Foreground was messed up...so I'll fix it soon too
PS2:dat TEDDY BEAR will have lesser HP and EN...I really do wonder what material was made out of dat Teddy bear :/

Forget to mention...this is a Decisive BUTTON SPAMMING GAME that'll give you a different kind of RPG turn-based experience(from RPGMV standards) as well as RPG abit of minimally unique familiar experience from older 2D Rpgs(Turn based):)

Last edited:

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SV Battle mode with a FV Teddy Battler? Is that intentional? So the purpose of the introduction is to show the different attributes of the battle system?

Myzt

Towns Guard
SV Battle mode with a FV Teddy Battler? Is that intentional? So the purpose of the introduction is to show the different attributes of the battle system?
The teddy bear Yeah , I guess so...Looks OK imo...
.Not just the BS, but also about the Intro... :3

[doublepost=1459722057,1459721974][/doublepost]But I think I'll add abit more detail about the story too, maybe adding more depth(but still skippable), for it not to look like a shallow playthingy of Ru...

Last edited:

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I do like the Battle Field. Initially I was not interested in seeing a seven minute intro. I am glad that you used it mainly to show the different aspects of the battle system. That encouraged me to watch it through and through. (thumbsup)

Myzt

Towns Guard
@MinisterJay
Glad you liked the battle system and the Battleback :D

But wow! Who knew that the 7mins. Video(Short intro+Walking arounds+BS+Clicking things)
Would be very misleading onto actually be a 7min full intro story xD

Maybe I'll change its title then too

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I personally think this intro will catch the attention of a wide variety of players. It depends on which audience you want to attract. There are so many variables. I like it. You need more opinions. :)

Myzt

Towns Guard
I see hmm, maybe I'll look for more opinions too...
[doublepost=1459973659,1459724531][/doublepost]
Maybe adding more simple fun things to do that will make the gameplay more engaging hmmm :3 .But at the same time balancing the story and gameplay weight. Though I will always remind myself that this game is for TEENS and anyone xD , not like my first game...ugh... D:

Last edited: