Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In search of freeware

Neotheny

Villager
Xy$
i've used few programs for spriting, some free (graphics gale, piskel), some not (photoshop, spriter), but i recently discovered aseprite and i'm amazed at how good it is. best spriting and animating program by far. It's open source, so it's free.

also, it has such a good looking retro interface, that just screams pixel art. put on some kavinsky and let the inspiration flow :)

Cliff Edge

Villager
Xy$
http://incompetech.com/

Kevin MacLeod has lots of free music on his website you can use for your games, with a wide variety of genres, instruments, and tempos. Most of it is under a CC-BY-3.0 license.

While it might not be useful if you intend to make your own music for your game, you can still find a song for almost any environment or situation imaginable. Listening to his music might also give you the spark of inspiration you need to make your own song.

(I'm pretty sure he's made a song with a moustache)