Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you had an extra $500...

Maebius

Knight
Xy$
I would pay down my credit card. Sooo close to being almost debt free (minus car loan and mortgage, which I don't count 100%).

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
Pre order 2 RMMVs, purchase sponsership here, buy groceries( you can always have groceries) if there is any leftover I would chill out and see what else I need it for lol. Oh and I would make a MV giveaway on the forums for one of the pre ordered MVs I bought.

Edit: Actually any leftover money I would probably give to someone who needs it in my circle of friends.

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
I had an extra $500, but it went towards my late Car payment of $989 because my car company locked me out of my account and didn't message me back until 20 days later. yayyyy

sage

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I do have an extra $500. It's sitting my bank account collecting dust. I don't know what to do with it.

If I had another $500, I'd throw it in the pile with the other $500. Then it wouldn't be alone anymore.

PAC918

Towns Guard
I'd get the last remaining pieces needed to complete two more PCs. I'm teaching my daughters how to build their own PCs. I'd then upgrade to MV and continue making the game I'm working on with them only they'd have projects, milestones and due dates for their parts as they'd each have their own PC now.

Bizarre Monkey

I SHALL BE GLORIOUS!
Hmm... there's a lot I want but can't afford just because I'm bad at saving money.
500 dollars goes a fair way in this world, I'd probably save it and use it to pay my employees so that my parents wouldn't be the wiser that I'd gone and given overseas fellas cash for doing hard work. They don't approve of that.

I know they are just worried. It just gets harder to tell them each time, so now I just keep business regarding my money to myself. As long as I pay my share for rent and board/food and whatever other bills that come up-- where my money goes is none of their business.

sage

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Use it to buy Photoshop or a more advanced Graphic's Tablet.
Adobe has been giving out Photoshp CS2 for free for a couple of years now.
It's not the most up to date version, but it's still photoshop. And it's free.

dcsant

Knight
Xy$
Adobe has been giving out Photoshp CS2 for free for a couple of years now.
It's not the most up to date version, but it's still photoshop. And it's free.
It was for free to whom already purchased the licence one time...At least that was what I've understood from their polices.

Bizarre Monkey

I SHALL BE GLORIOUS!
My policy is to not give adobe money until they make their software affordable on a Student level, who are, probably the majority of the time, the people who pirate their software.

No student can afford a 500 dollar program, I really don't understand why Adobe does this...

Rise Evil

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
I believe they expect people from the infographism profession, therefore, above average wage salary or something. Too bad they didn't think about making a non pro version for small artists or users wanting to make banners, decorate a forum or color/our/ing etc.

dcsant

Knight
Xy$
I don't think high prices justify piracy.

Particularly, I use SAI for digital painting (it costs only 5400JPY) and PhotoFiltre to image edition. I never really needed Photoshop, despite its potential.