Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Graphics I would appreciate feed back on my sprite....

rcgarcia

Villager
Xy$
Hello, im trying to make my sprites from an overhead(top down) view for my game. It was way harder than I thought it would be. I would appreciate any links to tutorials or templates of top down characters I could use to improve. Thanks, and here is my sprite...
$Guy%(13).png

Attachments

Starbird

Praised Adventurer
Resource Team
Xy$
looks pretty good to me - the only thing i can think of is maybe lighten a few areas or provide some bright lines of contrast -- i can imagine on a darker map that char might look a bit murky. just my tuppence...

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
@rcgarcia Overall this is looking pretty good - the angle seems about right, though the design is a bit dark like @Starbird mentioned. I think all that really needs fixing is the foot movement at the moment. I can't find a good template for you to go off of, but basically when I put it into MV it only looks like the character is moving one leg forward.

Here's (more or less) where you'd want your character's feet in each frame:

1. One foot is forward, the other is behind.
2. Both feet are in the same position.
3. The opposite foot is forward, while the other is behind.​

rcgarcia

Villager
Xy$
thanks Amysaurus, actually this is only half of the moving sprite. The full one has 8 frames of animation. I appreciate the tutorial you posted.