Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you hire staff?

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
There are lots of ways to hire members into the staff, including but not limited to; messaging active members you feel are worthy, having the community vote on them, as well as applications.

When you hire staff members, how do you go about doing this?

Ash55

NPC
Xy$
I try not to hire from within unless I know that there really is a great member that would make a great staff member already on the forum. The problem that I find is that I don't want an active member to disappear and to turn into a staff member. I usually hire by posting around on promotion forums to see if anyone I know from there might be interested.

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
I try not to hire from within unless I know that there really is a great member that would make a great staff member already on the forum. The problem that I find is that I don't want an active member to disappear and to turn into a staff member. I usually hire by posting around on promotion forums to see if anyone I know from there might be interested.
Huh, I never thought of it that way to be honest. Though I tend to host events where the four people I think would make a good mod are chosen. And they run campaigns to see who the community votes for.

I start off with some applications on forums that allow it. But most of the time also hire online friends from back in the day who I can trust.