Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How did you get your username?

Iron Croc

I eat my fries with fire.
Xy$
Hello, forum. I present a question for you: How did you get your username?

I'd like to hear the stories behind people's online handles (or, as they were called in the 90's, screen names!!! Yes, I'm that old. Shhhh!!)

So. Tell me!

Akod

Praised Adventurer
My current username was originally an acronym a few people used because the username it was based on was so long and they hated writing it. After I scrapped that name I went with a new unrelated one, but ended up not caring for it, so I decided to make the acronym my new name.

Zebestian

The Artist formerly known as Kaimen
Resource Team
Bad, bad Croc, asking a question and not answering it yourself. I bet there's an interesting story behind your online alias, too.
Anyway, I haven't been using "Kaimen" for very long and thus can very easily explain where it comes from, other than my earlier online names. It's fairly simple, actually. "Kaimen" (or かいめん) is just the Japanese word for my last name. Now, before you go ahead and Google translate that, keep in mind that you'd have to translate it into German. Otherwise... you're just gonna make inappropriate jokes and I don't want that. XD

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I started off playing D&D as a cleric. I love playing and making RPGs. I then became an ordained minister. I decided to have the screen name MinisterJay. In some forums, I have actually 'married' characters. My previous gaming site name was Mang Thiaf Chun. Before that is was just short old 'Jay.'

Iron Croc

Xy$
My alias comes from a Kritter. Yes, the KREMLINGS from DKC. Man. Those guys are buff!
Hence... they are Iron crocs... (Oh man, that was terrible...)
But I couldn't bring myself to be called "Kritter" across RM forums...

Also, Island Croc was almost a thing, too. But I liked the mistake I once made in misspelling a song I had written, calling it "Iron Paradise" instead of "Island Paradise".

Make sence? :)
PS: Iron Croc Entertainment as an acronym spells ICE. Bonus points!

Zebestian

The Artist formerly known as Kaimen
Resource Team
Man. Those guys are buff!
Hence... they are Iron crocs... (Oh man, that was terrible...)
"Buff"? Don't you mean hardcore? XD

Anyway, I mentioned my "earlier" online names before and how I don't remember how I came up with them. Well, that only applies to one of the names, "King Madness". I seriously have no idea where that came from and when and how I came up with that. I do know however that it was after "SigmaRidley" - sigma for the letter "S" and Ridley from the Metroid character, simple as that. "SigmaRidley" was also my first Youtube channel where I uploaded all those video game music remakes I made (don't bother looking for it, it's closed). ^_^
PS: Iron Croc Entertainment as an acronym spells ICE. Bonus points!
ICE? I only see "Inter City Express", a German high-velocity train model. Pretty comfy actually. :3

Iron Croc

Xy$
Oh... Maybe it was...! :P You must be punished now!
Okay seriously... That was... really bad 8D! On both our parts :B.

Eien Nanashi

Temporarily Goddamn Bright Yellow
Xy$
First off, it started as TouhouForever. Because at that time I really liked 2hu. A name wishing it would last forever. I was really young, yo.
Then it became TouhouEien so it sounds more japanese. Yeah.

Somewhere before/after that, I was losing interest in Touhou somehow. (or simply was too lazy to catch up with the new things)
I still kept the name TouhouEien even though I didn't even do anything Touhou related anymore at some point.
Then came the time I registered on another forum. I decided I should get a new name.

I removed the "Touhou" in it, and added "Nanashi".
Now someone pointed out that the scoreboards in EoSD had Nanashi as default filler scores in it, but I didn't get it from that. I got it from reading a... a doujinshi. A Touhou doujinshi. Don't ask which one or what kind of doujinshi it was.

"Eien" means eternal. "Nanashi" means nameless.

Forever Nameless. That's what I thought to my worthless self. :P

Khayalan

Towns Guard
Xy$
Google Translator and much boredom :)
Yes you hear right :P
In a language i didnt know anymore Khayalan is "Illusion", but that was a fault in Google Translator :P
But i stick to that name :)

Cunechan

∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
Cune actually came from the pokémon Suicune tbh. Well, a mispronunciation when I was younger and since "sui" is water I just deleted it. This led to my char cune (how I named her) in mmorpgs and never changed my name since then. This is so weird (sleep)

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
My name is Amy and I like dinosaurs.

On 8/9/14, at 5:21 PM, Amy wrote:
> I feel like... more people know me as Amy now xD

On 8/9/14, at 5:21 PM, Dalph wrote:
> true :D

On 8/9/14, at 5:23 PM, Amy wrote:
> Amy will probably just make her username Amy one day

On 8/9/14, at 5:24 PM, Dalph wrote:
> do it
> change your name on the forums
> uhm
> Queen Amy
> :O

On 8/9/14, at 5:25 PM, Amy wrote:
> Hmmm.... that could work, but I don't want people to associate me with that guy

On 8/9/14, at 5:25 PM, Dalph wrote:
> uhm...
> Empress Amy
> nah sounds lame D:
> Amysaurus!
> Brosaurus?

On 8/9/14, at 5:26 PM, Amy wrote:
> Ooooo I almost changed it to that before xD
> ahahah
> Hmmm... I'll probably go back and edit a few of my topics, then do it :D

On 8/9/14, at 5:27 PM, Dalph wrote:
> yeah :P
> do you really want to change it in Amysaurus?
> ahahah
> What about "Lady Amy"?
> :O

On 8/9/14, at 5:30 PM, Amy wrote:
> Ah... I think I'll use Amysaurus for now!
> Amy roars

Until about 2 years ago my username was qtpi0121, which is a name one of my older brothers came up with about 10 years ago. qtpi is a not-so-subtle pun of cutie pie, and then 01/21 is my birthday. Most people called me Q-tip. (cheeks)

I stopped spriting as regularly around the same time I changed my name, so I've been accused of stealing my own sprites when I've posted them. xD

Status Gear Entertainment

Praised Adventurer
Status Gear Entertainment is a name that was originally called just Status Gear, created all the way back in 2010 with a friend and an official logo was made and posted on 11 JUL 2012:
The original name of this unofficial company was to undergo the 2 man team of game development with anything and everything related to games. Now SG has evolved into SGE:
with a current total of 9 members and is not limited to just video games but to anything that involves entertainment. Plus with me being in japan, offers anything made in English and in Japanese.
We are here to achieve a specific type of status and we'll do it successfully as a team, like working gears in a mechanical system.

*Note: This is not commonly my username. This is only because I am one of the 2 founding fathers of my team and I need to represent. I have underwent the following names and can be referred as any of the following:
  • Sniper308 (Oldest Username since 2000. Also found on Gaia. Also found on old RPG Maker community forums)
  • RPG (Found on RPG Maker communities)
  • Hisou-Ongaku (Found specifically on TinierMe.)
  • M.C.Henry (Found on Instagram. Also it's my last name. )

*Note: More than what the topic bargained for. But still history about the name(s) in general. (right)

Since 2004, I've used the username "ferewulf". It's derived from Old English. "Fere" means "companion" or "friend" and "wulf" is (obviously) "wolf". At around the same time I met my other half, so it seemed doubly significant, since "fere" is also an old word for "spouse; animal's mate"; I've also always associated with a wolf, specifically a "rogue" wolf. Because the word "fere" is a homophone (a word that is pronounced the same as another word - in this case "fear" - but as a different meaning), it had some negative connotations, hence, it was changed instead to "companion". After that, "Companion Wulf" stuck and I've been using it ever since for all of my online projects, usernames and websites, and it's my official pen name for all my writing projects as well.

NosredNassel

Villager
Xy$
My username comes from my real first and last name... Yeah very simple.
My name is Anderson Lessa... > Lessa Anderson > Lessanderson > (backwards) Nosrednassel.

And well, in online games my friends used to call me just Nosred, so that's why I made the second "N" an upper case.

Now I'm the mighty NosredNassel! (ok no)

Iron Croc

Xy$
I like your answer. And another musically minded person as well!

As for me... My username comes from my love for kremlings. My favorite are Krushas and Kritters. Kritters are pretty buff, hence: Iron Crocs.

That's where my name comes from. (There may be another, much longer version, but it's too long... @_@ )