Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How convert RGB to Hex

Khayalan

Towns Guard
Xy$
Hey RPG-Makers out there,

ive got one question... How i can convert the RGB Codes (from MV) to Hex...
Because RGBtoHEX Converter dont allow me to use negative numbers (How it is in MV)
For what i need this? Simple, Terrax Lighting just allow me to use hex numbers, and my DayLight System will be run over this

I hope you can help me :)
Sorry for my bad english
-Khayalan

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
Not to sure what you mean, do you want to change the way MV reads the RGB so it reads HEX instead, or you are just looking for a way to get the colors from an RGB value to a HEX value?

Khayalan

Towns Guard
Xy$
Im just looking for a way to convert the values :)
For example i say to MV it should tint the screen with the -128,-128,-128,0 (Red,Green,Blue,Alpha(aka gray)
What is the Hexvalue? Because TerraxLighting only allows Hexvalues? I googled but the Converters dont allow negative Numbers... Or is it simply not possible?

Thanks in advance
-Khayalan

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
I honestly did not think RGB values could go negative either, maybe the negative value is not being read by the interpreter and only being read as 128, 128, 128, 0. Have you tried the RGB without the negative values do you still get the game color effect? If so this should solve your problem and you could simply convert the new values to hex.

Khayalan

Towns Guard
Xy$
I tested a little bit :)
I found a way to get the dark color values but if you brighten all like 60,60,60 theres no way i think...
Because 255,255,255 is #FFFFFF and this is the default screen...
@LTN Games you have to add 256 to the number and divide by 2, is just working for darker ones...