Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi

Tsukihime

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
Hi everyone. I forgot to make an intro thread when I signed up.
Anyways, here it is.

RM History

I've been using RPG Maker since 2012.

How I got into it was because there was an argument on one of the forums about how "encrypting your resources makes you look weak" or something like that and I decided to give RM another shot.

I actually started with XP maybe 8 years ago but after a day or two I got bored of it cause I couldn't figure out how to write scripts (and even after writing a bunch of scripts for Ace, I still don't know how to write scripts for XP in any reliable way that doesn't result in headaches on my part)

Behind the name

Tsukihime is a random name I picked because I was watching the series at that time. After awhile it just got a bit difficult to switch to something else since name changing requires a lot of work to be done.

It also didn't help that I chose "HimeWorks" as my brand.

Stuff I do

I have focused mainly on scripting up until now, but will be looking forward to creating games in MV since it will be much easier to deploy them to wider audiences. Plus being able to showcase things in a browser directly is very convenient.

Aside from scripts, I also write tutorials about various things related to RPG Maker and gamedev. Most of my tutorials have been focused on scripts though, either how to write scripts, or how to use certain scripts.

I maintain a youtube channel where I upload game-related things.
You can visit it by clicking on this button:

The kind of videos I do are currently
  • Cut-scenes created in RPG Maker (my animation tool of choice)
  • Video demos of my scripts and other people's scripts
  • Random games I play on Kongregate
There's also a playlist of music that I like. It's mostly vocaloid and wagakki band.

Looking for something?

I take requests for scripts, tutorials, and videos, so if you want to know how something works or just want to see something, you can just message me either through Twitter Facebook, my website, or PM me on whichever forums I'm on..

Last edited:

Rise Evil

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
It's nice to know more about one of my favourite scripters, especially to know the name's origine of it. Great introduction, and very professionnal as well ^^

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
Hello and welcome to the forums person at whome I have never met on this site before until this exact moment of reading your introduction. I'm Xyphien, some random guy no one knew before I opened up the forums. It's nice to have you here, and I look forward to seeing you around <3

dcsant

Knight
Xy$
Welcome and salutations, sir!

(Wait, I think I've seen you here before)

I liked your videos. It looks like a novel made with RPG Maker. The game was released? BTW, nice characters artwork.

Tsukihime

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
Welcome and salutations, sir!

(Wait, I think I've seen you here before)

I liked your videos. It looks like a novel made with RPG Maker. The game was released? BTW, nice characters artwork.
Glad you like them. Though, the characters aren't mine.
They are drawn by Kaduki (who has recently taken them down until further notice: http://usui.moo.jp/rpg_tukuru.html)

I will be looking for an artist to draw a set of original characters in the future.