Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with menu displays.

GYIYGABITE

Villager
Xy$
So after dabbling with some scripts and experimenting, I already decided how my menus and battle display's going to be. So have a look. Also, I need some tutoring in modifying some parts. Advice are always welcomed:

So this is using SRD's Kingdom Heart menu, which I really like. The default party will be of five characters.

However, the problem I have is that the characters will have "job points" to learn skills. Additional information I want to add under their HPs and MP is how much "JP" they have, and how much XPs they need to level up, instead of going to the status menu. I tried to customize it with SRD's Status Menu Customization, but no avail. So I guess the alternative would be to use sublime and change some codings.

The character's, status menu using YANFLY's Status Menu Core. I won't be using all the options. However, I want to get rid of the part where it says: "Total EXPs for next level." I feel that the player can get confused and I am not sure what it means. I could also change the text into something different if possible. I am open to constructive criticism.

The battle display using YANFLY's awesome Battle System ATB. However, I tried using VE's custom command and window command to change for example the window transparent, similar to RPG Maker 2003's premade atb menu. Additionally, I want to place the commands above the window display, but through trial and error no avail. Again, I am willing to go the extra mile for some sublime tutoring.

Additionally, to make the battles more dramatic, I'll manipulate the use of cameras to make the battles more attractive.

Additionally, I bought Aseprite program. I´m going to use it to create custom monsters and spells. However, this will be the last procedure I'm doing. The main focus will be creating the game itself. You know, the fun stuff: The story, events, characters, spell names, story plot, etc. Creating custom graphic animations will be the last thing I'll do.

Looking forward towards hearing your suggestions. As always, be passionate about what you love doing!

Lore

Resident Dragon
So after dabbling with some scripts and experimenting, I already decided how my menus and battle display's going to be. So have a look. Also, I need some tutoring in modifying some parts. Advice are always welcomed:

So this is using SRD's Kingdom Heart menu, which I really like. The default party will be of five characters.

However, the problem I have is that the characters will have "job points" to learn skills. Additional information I want to add under their HPs and MP is how much "JP" they have, and how much XPs they need to level up, instead of going to the status menu. I tried to customize it with SRD's Status Menu Customization, but no avail. So I guess the alternative would be to use sublime and change some codings.

The character's, status menu using YANFLY's Status Menu Core. I won't be using all the options. However, I want to get rid of the part where it says: "Total EXPs for next level." I feel that the player can get confused and I am not sure what it means. I could also change the text into something different if possible. I am open to constructive criticism.
In relation to your first issue (about the JP), I think @Dad3353 or @LTN Games may be able to assist you, or at least point you in the right direction.

As for the second part, about the Total EXP for next level, this is informing the player of how much experience the character needs to level up. It is likely that there will be a setting in the plugin that will allow you to disable this, but I haven't played much with the Status Menu Core so I can't confirm this.

The battle display using YANFLY's awesome Battle System ATB. However, I tried using VE's custom command and window command to change for example the window transparent, similar to RPG Maker 2003's premade atb menu. Additionally, I want to place the commands above the window display, but through trial and error no avail. Again, I am willing to go the extra mile for some sublime tutoring.
Occasionally I'll find that 2 plugins from different developers can interfere with one another, given that each will likely run at a different time. In addition, it may be advisable to ask about this issue specifically in the MV Support forum.

Additionally, to make the battles more dramatic, I'll manipulate the use of cameras to make the battles more attractive.

Additionally, I bought Aseprite program. I´m going to use it to create custom monsters and spells. However, this will be the last procedure I'm doing. The main focus will be creating the game itself. You know, the fun stuff: The story, events, characters, spell names, story plot, etc. Creating custom graphic animations will be the last thing I'll do.

Looking forward towards hearing your suggestions. As always, be passionate about what you love doing!
Sounds like you have an awesome game planned out. I look forward to seeing work on it :) Sorry I can't be of more help, but I definitely think that you may get a more targeted and helpful response by asking these questions separately.

Good luck with it all. :)

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
To draw the actors JP info use the command this.drawActorJp(); Which a good spot for it would more than likely the function Window_Base.prototype.drawActorSimpleStatus
Id go into more detail but I'm a bit busy at the moment.

GYIYGABITE

Villager
Xy$
To draw the actors JP info use the command this.drawActorJp(); Which a good spot for it would more than likely the function Window_Base.prototype.drawActorSimpleStatus
Id go into more detail but I'm a bit busy at the moment.
Thanks. I look forward to your details.