Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello!

hi guys! I'm new with MV but I hope to make soon a minigame to release!
I played a lot of games made using MV. One of the best it's killer gin, so now I want to try to make a cool rpg like that!
I'm also a pixel artist, but to make my first game, I want to try to make something on easy to play and not so long! So I can test and try this tool!
Nice to meet you!

CT_Bolt

Global Moderator
Staff member
Resource Team
Xy$
hi guys! I'm new with MV but I hope to make soon a minigame to release!
I played a lot of games made using MV. One of the best it's killer gin, so now I want to try to make a cool rpg like that!
I'm also a pixel artist, but to make my first game, I want to try to make something on easy to play and not so long! So I can test and try this tool!
Nice to meet you!
Welcome to your new home!

Nice to meet you too @George88.

Can't wait to see what you create!

We're all here if you need help & you get stuck feel free to ask.

Happy Game Making! (cute)(icecream)

Azdak

Villager
Xy$
Loops and labels for dialog? What what?
Labels are so much better to use then loops, I find my self getting stuck in a loop with-in a loop :(
I would recommend learning how to use labels if you are writing dialog with lot's of choices.

For example; let's say you have a person who tells you 3 riddles. Each riddle has 6 possible choices.
You would want to use "labels" / " jump to label"" in dialog to make such a thing work.

loki2020

Villager
Xy$
Labels are so much better to use then loops, I find my self getting stuck in a loop with-in a loop :(
I would recommend learning how to use labels if you are writing dialog with lot's of choices.

For example; let's say you have a person who tells you 3 riddles. Each riddle has 6 possible choices.
You would want to use "labels" / " jump to label"" in dialog to make such a thing work.
That does sound useful. I recently bought GENE, do you think that is a good way to create dialog?