Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello, I'm Foreverwhere!

StudioBlue

Villager
Xy$
My wife and I are a game design team that have been working on non-commercial games for a while, but are now shifting to commercial ones. Our current project is a Steampunk/Victorian RPG with mystical elements set in the 1870's.

I've come here and other places looking for, of course, resources of various types.

Cheers!

Lore

Resident Dragon
Welcome to the forums @Foreverwhere! Glad to have you here! If you have any questions, or need any help, feel free to ask as we are all here to assist you in your endeavours! :D

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi Foreverwhere, and welcome to the community. I understand a family working together game company. We formed JABHA Creativity, and each letter in JABHA is the first name initial of each family member in chronological birth order. I am the made designer. My wife is an editor. My eldest daughter is in media. Our next daughter works in promotions, and our son is a game dev too. Looking forward to seeing you around.

StudioBlue

Villager
Xy$
Welcome to the forums @Foreverwhere! Glad to have you here! If you have any questions, or need any help, feel free to ask as we are all here to assist you in your endeavours! :D
Thank you so much for the warm welcome. :) I will be asking for advice, taking part in discussions, and looking people who want to be a part of this paid project. When we have something more concrete, I'll even post a demo.

Are you able to have a page set up for your project, or do you just post it on its own thread?
[doublepost=1482954490,1482954289][/doublepost]
Hi Foreverwhere, and welcome to the community. I understand a family working together game company. We formed JABHA Creativity, and each letter in JABHA is the first name initial of each family member in chronological birth order. I am the made designer. My wife is an editor. My eldest daughter is in media. Our next daughter works in promotions, and our son is a game dev too. Looking forward to seeing you around.
Wow! Sounds like you really have a sweet set up with your entire family working on stuff. We formed "Studio Blue". Did you form an LLC yet? I hear that is the way to go to protect yourself from lawsuits.

We've had to go outside the family (we don't have any children) for resources. We have a composer and an artist, and will be searching for others as well (mainly a programmer).

There is a certain enjoyment with having your own design studio, but it's also a lot of work. That's why we decided to go with RPG Maker instead of something like Unity. It's good to have the engine already created, and with a few plugins, you can really have a customized game tailored to your tastes.

Thanks for the welcome. I hope we continue to communicate!