Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Happy Holidays Everyone

Ravani Lestari

Towns Guard
Xy$
Hello everyone! Hope you are enjoying your holidays! I have been working on a game for about 2 weeks now and I'm starting to get back into designer mode. I'm looking to make a game without using any RPG Maker preset tiles, sprites, animations, etc. It is a big feat, but with the right amount of time and a great team, it will definitely come together. I am here to offer commissions for character artwork for the most part. I can show some more samples of what I can do, but since I am new here, I am not quite sure where that appropriate forum is. :) Anyways, nice to meet you all!

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi @Ravani Lestari . Welcome to the forums. I too just started making games with NO RPG Maker RTP. Making parallax maps, characters, sv_enemies, etc. By the way making multiple layers of a parallax maps just feels awesome. Looking forward to seeing more of your ideas and creations.

Ravani Lestari

Towns Guard
Xy$
That is something I definitely want to try out, but there would be a vast difference between the artwork and the sprites because drawing scenery isn't my forte. I am more of a character / monster / vehicle designer and artist, but when it comes to scenery, I get stuck or don't feel it is pretty enough.

Macro

Pantologist
Xy$
Hello and welcome to RMMV! ^_^ Hope you have fun and find what you are looking for here.

Merry Holidays to you as well! I do want to make my own original game with original assets as well, eventually, but first I want to try to get a finished working game done first (with my buddy Micro). Being an artist must be a great help when one is trying to do that hehe..

DarcHiro

Studious Dark Lord
Xy$
Welcome! I might try doing what you're doing, but I'm still a little inexperienced for that right now. I've played with rpg maker for a long time, but I've yet to post anything...

OldPat

Towns Guard
Xy$
Welcome, Ravani!
It might be challenging not to use any preset, but you will certainly be extremely satisfied with the result. Not to mention that the game will surely gain in personality by using different assets instead of the standard ones.
Good work and good luck with your projects! ^^

Ravani Lestari

Towns Guard
Xy$
Hello and welcome to RMMV! ^_^ Hope you have fun and find what you are looking for here.

Merry Holidays to you as well! I do want to make my own original game with original assets as well, eventually, but first I want to try to get a finished working game done first (with my buddy Micro). Being an artist must be a great help when one is trying to do that hehe..
I think all aspects of game development are important, but art and music need to be the most synchronized. My boy just happens to be a music producer. So now I'm working on the rest of the game. The only other thing I gave him to do was to design enemies and skills for them to make the game difficult. :) I want it to be on par with Etrian Odyssey or Dark Souls as far as difficulty goes.

Welcome! I might try doing what you're doing, but I'm still a little inexperienced for that right now. I've played with rpg maker for a long time, but I've yet to post anything...
And you won't be forced to. RPG Maker might look simple until you actually start digging into the program. I've worked with it since high school, or about since ten years ago. Though the last version I've used was RMXP. lol I remember just spending my entire weekends staying up without any sleep working on making a game, and then falling asleep on the night before school. After about 2 months, I had a 2-hour game but that is even with using presets. It takes a long time, and there will be times you get a development block, kinda like art block or writer's block. lol Keep at it though. If you ever think of what you could add to the game, write it down, then google and see if a script for that idea has been made. If not, then you can always request it. :)

Welcome, Ravani!
It might be challenging not to use any preset, but you will certainly be extremely satisfied with the result. Not to mention that the game will surely gain in personality by using different assets instead of the standard ones.
Good work and good luck with your projects! ^^
Thank you! I know it will take a very long time to do this without any of the presets, but that is more than worth it. :) I've wanted to make my own tile sets, but I'm no sprite artist. lol

Last edited: