Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings!

Morpork

Villager
Xy$
Hi everyone,

I've decided to make a game for my son, who will be old enough to play it by the time I finish it I'm sure!

I'm totally new to RPG maker and I've spend the last couple of weeks just watching tutorials and gathering resources.

Nice to meet you all, and good luck with your projects. :)

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi @Morpork and welcome to the forums. Before long, your son will join you in making games. My son is 12, and he has been making simple RPG Maker games for over a year. Glad you are watching tutorials and gathering resources. May you fins yourself finishing the project before when you expected.

Macro

Pantologist
Xy$
Hello and welcome to RMMV, it's nice to meet you, too! Hope you have fun and find what you are looking for here. ^_^

Cate

Adventurer
Xy$
Hey Morpork!

I think it's so cool that you're making a game for your son. Good luck with that! Is the game about him?

Welcome to the forums!

DarcHiro

Studious Dark Lord
Xy$
Hi everyone,

I've decided to make a game for my son, who will be old enough to play it by the time I finish it I'm sure!

I'm totally new to RPG maker and I've spend the last couple of weeks just watching tutorials and gathering resources.

Nice to meet you all, and good luck with your projects. :)
That's really cool! I'd love to think when I have kids they'll play my old games I created!
Anyways, welcome to the community!

Micro

Dragon Goddess
Hey Mor! That sounds like a great project, I'm sure your son will love it! what is your game gonna be about?

Morpork

Villager
Xy$
Many thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

My son will be the protagonist, while his friends will be party characters.
I'm a little light on story details... But my initial idea was to have a powerful wizard seek revenge for being sealed away by my wife and I; who were once great heroes.
The wizard banishes everyone in our town except my son who starts his adventure to rescue us all. Along the way he will meet his real life friends, make new friends and become strong enough to overcome the wizard and restore the town!

I want the story to be quite cliche to introduce him to the usual RPG tropes but most importantly teach him life lessons along the way.
Like not to be afraid to ask for help and be courageous when the time calls for it.

My wife is way more artistically gifted than I am, so she will do most of the script and artwork, while I'll do the programming and mechanics.

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
Welcome aboard @Morpork, seems a lot of newbies are showing up with the release of MV, I hope you learn from us here, and if you have any questions feel free to ask in MV Support, we have a pretty good support team.