Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enson

Villager
Xy$
Hello!

I'm making a little game for my friends. Things are going great with RPG Maker MV so far. But I just fall on my first obstacle.

Right now, I can only get a game over when every characters in the party are dead.

What I really want is a game over as soon as the main character dies, and I'm not able to acheive this.

I'm using a pluggin from Yanfly that gives me the option to lock my first character on the first position of the party for all the game long. I thought this should help.

Thank you for your help!

CT_Bolt

Global Moderator
Staff member
Resource Team
Xy$
I haven't really tested this yet but this should work...

Using a battle event that is triggered when a certain actor's HP is 0 or below, activate the game over scene.

Further more I believe you could use Yanfly Base Troop Events to help...

I'm sure there are other ways but that seems like it should work.

Let me know if this helps. (cool)(thumbsup)

Last edited:

Enson

Villager
Xy$
Oh wow thank you very much! I'll test that tomorrow as soon as I am back from work! I'll let you know! Thanks a lot!
[doublepost=1515383348,1515382842][/doublepost]Finally, I decided to test this right away and it works!!! Wow thank you so much CT_Bolt, you helped me greatly!

CT_Bolt

Global Moderator
Staff member
Resource Team
Xy$
Oh wow thank you very much! I'll test that tomorrow as soon as I am back from work! I'll let you know! Thanks a lot!
[doublepost=1515383348,1515382842][/doublepost]Finally, I decided to test this right away and it works!!! Wow thank you so much CT_Bolt, you helped me greatly!
No problem. Super glad it worked out for you.
I'll be here if you need anything else. (cute)

Status
Not open for further replies.