Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Failed to create a distribution package" error

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggislims

Towns Guard
Xy$
Hey all,

I've been working on my project lately, and got to a point where I wanted to send it to a friend, just to see how it would run on his Windows computer, but every time I click Deployment, and Windows (setting my destination folder to multiple places) I get this error:

Failed_Deployment.jpg

So, I created a brand new project, loaded it up and tried to deploy it to:

D:\Gabe\RPG Maker Projects\RPG Maker MV

which is where I store my game projects, but keep getting this same error.

Can anyone help me with this? I will submit a support ticket if I need to, although I don't know where to find my product key.

biggislims

Towns Guard
Xy$
A little more info:

When I open the folder of files that did get deployed before the error, I see this:
Deploy_Error_00002.png
I'm guessing this Mapshots Folder is out of place? When I look inside it, I see a .png file I created for my other RPG Maker Project I have going.

Why is the software including the Mapshots Folder?
[doublepost=1482362626,1482049093][/doublepost]So, I discovered that having the Mapshot plugin save images to the main RPG Maker folder was causing it to error out. As soon as I moved the Mapshots folder, and redirected the output file, I was able to successfully deploy a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.