Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Event Image Transparency

Sethorion

Towns Guard
Xy$
Hey Guys!

I'm looking to make a set of roof tiles go to 50% opacity whenever the player walks under/behind them, but then I want the tiles to return to 100% opacity once the player is no longer standing/walking there.

I tried turning each roof tile into an event. Each event is set to "Above Player" and uses the movement commands to prompt a new opacity of 150 for each associated tile. This works wonders, except that now the tiles stay permanently translucent. I want them to turn back to 100% opacity.

[Edited for clarity]

Last edited:

Sethorion

Towns Guard
Xy$
Traditional tileset.

I only know how to use the "move" commands to change the event's opacity. I want it to apply the opacity to a string of events, and then change back to 100% opacity when the character is no longer touching. Kind of like a button that resets when you step off of it.

eivl

Local Hero
Xy$
You want the image associated with the event (event is over the player) to change its opacity when the player is under it?

so what do you mean with a string of events? do you mean that multiple events are linked together and if you walk under one all are made opaque?

Sethorion

Towns Guard
Xy$
Yes. So if I walk under one roof tile, all the associated roof tiles for that building will turn to 50% opacity, and then go opaque again once I an no longer under any of those tiles. Knowing how to do this will also be useful in case I want a button that resets if I step off of it, etc. It seems pretty basic, but I can't find instructions for this anywhere.

[Edited main post for clarity]

Last edited: