Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Event based on present party (not reserve)

Hi everyone!
Sorry that I am literally brand new to this ( new to the forum, I have been playing with RPG Maker software for the last 7 years) but I just got MV and I am making a little for-fun game. the problem I am having though is this:

> I have set up a location that is the only place the player can access the formation command ( A room in the starting area where all actors in the party (active and reserve) wander randomly)
> In the story this means you leave some people at home while you travel with the rest of your group.
> THE PROBLEM IS: I can't figure out how to make it so that events will be conditional based on who is in your ACTIVE party. As in, I would like an event to have a character speak only if they are actively travelling with the PC. I thought I could do this by setting "Actor [id] is in the party" but that checks the reserve as well. And I don't want to take the unused characters out of reserve because then they won't level appropriately.

I hope I am making sense here. any help would be greatly appreciated (including telling me if this is the wrong place to put this question).
Thanks!

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
In the Event Command, select Conditional Branch, which is in the Flow Control. Go to the second tab. Select Actor, and check off In The Party.

If you need screenshots, I can provide them.

In the Event Command, select Conditional Branch, which is in the Flow Control. Go to the second tab. Select Actor, and check off In The Party.

If you need screenshots, I can provide them.
Just to clarify, this does not solve the problem at hand. This is the same as making the event conditional based on Actors in the party. This command also checks the reserve therefore it activates as though all party members are in the party at all time, even if they are not one of the ACTIVE 4.

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Just re-read the original post. I had explained how to do what you already knew how to do. Oops. Sorry about that.

Selvalanch

Villager
Xy$
Is your Active Party means Party Members who go in battle ?

if that case. use script call $gameActors.actor(id).isBattleMember() for condition