Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DREAMBORNE - Recruiting!

Kuneh

Villager
Xy$

(Title may be not final)

Dreamborne is a fusion of everything I've enjoyed in games. More specifically, it's a monster collecting/battling/breeding RPG with some life sim elements. It is being made with RPG Maker MV and it features pixel art graphics.

It is inspired by games such as Pokémon and Persona.

It will be a free game. This project is just for fun.

Synopsis

You are a young man or woman whose dream is to become a Tamer. On the day of your 16th birthday, you are finally allowed to obtain the license required, and you get to choose one of four companions to travel the world of Yumeria with. Soon enough, you hear rumors of numerous evil cults that exploit these creatures. Will you put a stop to them, or will you join their endeavors? It's up to you.

Current Companions (As of 2016/02/14)

I aim to have over 100 tameable companions in the final game.

The four beginner companions:

#001 Feleafy - Element: Earth

#004 Woofter - Element: Water

#007 Chickite - Element: Fire

#010 Aeripig - Element: Air

Features

• Over 100 recruitable characters
  • Pixel art graphics
  • Time system
  • Weather system
  • Character customization
  • Branching side stories

Screenshots

Recruitment

Yes, this project is pretty big. But it is my DREAM (hehe) to finish it. So far, I've created everything in the game myself so far (art, music, character design, etc.) with the exception of actual RPG Maker. I can't do it all myself, though.

That's why I've created this thread!

I'm looking for some dedicated souls who are willing to not give up on this project. Remember, we're all in this together!

If you decide to join, we have a really fancy Slack team! (dreamborne.slack.com) If you don't know what Slack is, it's a really cool application to create "teams" in. This is to keep everything in sync, and to have a place where everyone can speak to eachother. You can share files with everyone, and send messages. It's perfect for game making!!

We have chat channels for everything from "music" to "testing"! We even have custom emojis for the companions!

If you're interested, reply to this topic with the role you want to take, and I'll send you a PM for further discussion.

Roles - Slots

• Art - [0/1]
  • Pixel Art - [0/1]
  • Music - [1/1] Kaimen @ rpgmakermv.co
  • Writing - [1/2] Andr3wWw @ forums.rpgmakerweb.com
  • Plugins - [0/2]
  • Events - [1/1] Fuchsilein @ forums.rpgmakerweb.com
  • Database - [0/1]
  • Testing - [1/10] Cunechan @ rpgmakermv.co

Roles - Information

• Art - Can you draw? Can you draw character bust graphics? Splendid! We need you!
  • Pixel Art - Can you do pixel art? Can you make tiles and sprites? Awesome! We need you!
  • Music - Are you a composer? Do you like composing music for RPGs? Marvelous! We need you!
  • Writing - Do you enjoy writing? Are you interested in writing for this game? Terrific! We need you!
  • Plugins - Do you know Javascript? Can you write RPG Maker MV plugins? Great! We need you!
  • Events - Do you excel in events? Nice! We need you!
  • Database - Do you enjoy fiddling around in the database while utilizing scripts? Wow! We need you!
  • Testing - Do you like breaking games? Do you enjoy hunting bugs? Amazing! We need you!

Last edited:

Cunechan

∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
I apply for being a betatester. Sorry, it's not the thing you need right now or you could be needing in the next time since I see you've huge plans for that game which sounds pretty interesting. I'm not able to imitate the art style nor do I have much time (especially right now) but I wish you good luck with your game <3
Btw did you check if it's possible to make a capture system ?/// OH nevermind, it is. Just searched it up. It definitely is possible. Anyways I'm looking forward to this game here~

Kuneh

Villager
Xy$
@Cunechan, thanks for applying as a beta tester! Don't worry, it's definitely better than nothing, and you don't even owe me anything C'': I accept your application, you are now a tester! ^^

Cunechan

∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
@Cunechan, thanks for applying as a beta tester! Don't worry, it's definitely better than nothing, and you don't even owe me anything C'': I accept your application, you are now a tester! ^^
Thank you ^o^ this is gonna be fun. Do you plan on making a long main story ? As in how many hours

SSGSSchris

Villager
Xy$
No, not yet :)
I would like to be a tester for the game if it isnt to much to ask

(Title may be not final)​

Dreamborne is a fusion of everything I've enjoyed in games. More specifically, it's a monster collecting/battling/breeding RPG with some life sim elements. It is being made with RPG Maker MV and it features pixel art graphics.

It is inspired by games such as Pokémon and Persona.

It will be a free game. This project is just for fun.

Synopsis

You are a young man or woman whose dream is to become a Tamer. On the day of your 16th birthday, you are finally allowed to obtain the license required, and you get to choose one of four companions to travel the world of Yumeria with. Soon enough, you hear rumors of numerous evil cults that exploit these creatures. Will you put a stop to them, or will you join their endeavors? It's up to you.

Current Companions (As of 2016/02/14)

I aim to have over 100 tameable companions in the final game.

The four beginner companions:

#001 Feleafy - Element: Earth

#004 Woofter - Element: Water

#007 Chickite - Element: Fire

#010 Aeripig - Element: Air

Features

• Over 100 recruitable characters
  • Pixel art graphics
  • Time system
  • Weather system
  • Character customization
  • Branching side stories

Recruitment

Yes, this project is pretty big. But it is my DREAM (hehe) to finish it. So far, I've created everything in the game myself so far (art, music, character design, etc.) with the exception of actual RPG Maker. I can't do it all myself, though.

That's why I've created this thread!

I'm looking for some dedicated souls who are willing to not give up on this project. Remember, we're all in this together!

If you decide to join, we have a really fancy Slack team! (dreamborne.slack.com) If you don't know what Slack is, it's a really cool application to create "teams" in. This is to keep everything in sync, and to have a place where everyone can speak to eachother. You can share files with everyone, and send messages. It's perfect for game making!!

We have chat channels for everything from "music" to "testing"! We even have custom emojis for the companions!

If you're interested, reply to this topic with the role you want to take, and I'll send you a PM for further discussion.

Roles - Slots

• Art - [0/1]
  • Pixel Art - [0/1]
  • Music - [0/1]
  • Writing - [0/2]
  • Plugins - [0/2]
  • Events - [0/1]
  • Database - [0/1]
  • Testing - [1/10] Cunechan @ rpgmakermv.co

Roles - Information
  • Art - Can you draw? Can you draw character bust graphics? Splendid! We need you!
  • Pixel Art - Can you do pixel art? Can you make tiles and sprites? Awesome! We need you!
  • Music - Are you a composer? Do you like composing music for RPGs? Marvelous! We need you!
  • Writing - Do you enjoy writing? Are you interested in writing for this game? Terrific! We need you!
  • Plugins - Do you know Javascript? Can you write RPG Maker MV plugins? Great! We need you!
  • Events - Do you excel in events? Nice! We need you!
  • Database - Do you enjoy fiddling around in the database while utilizing scripts? Wow! We need you!
  • Testing - Do you like breaking games? Do you enjoy hunting bugs? Amazing! We need you!
[doublepost=1455738673,1455738646][/doublepost]I would like to be a tester if it isnt too much to ask
[doublepost=1455739029][/doublepost]Or a write I'm good with writing

Zebestian

The Artist formerly known as Kaimen
Resource Team
  • Music - [0/1]
I could really use a project to work on. I actually wanted to make a game on my own and write all the music for that but looking at your project I'd really like to provide the music for that if I meet your needs - I'm always up for fun productions. :)
Anyway, here's what I can do. I've also played pretty much every Pokémon game there is and might even be able to imitate the musical style of those games. ^_^

FlipelyFlip

Villager
Xy$
Heyey,

I really like your topic about recruitment. I would like to ask a few things, before I apply as Plugin Creator.
Can I ask them freely here or at a new conversation via pm? (:

~flipely

If this project is still being worked on, I would love to apply for the Databasing position. I have my own projects in my head, but I rather think that working with a team like this would better prepare me for the industry as a whole :D

XenoGod

Villager
Xy$
Hey dude, I'm just wondering if this project is still under work. I'd like to put myself forward for any part I can help with, I'm actually working on a game myself, but when I get the time I would like to put some work on the busts and other art if it's needed.

The game looks promising, I love the art style and I love the concept. I have moderate RPG Maker MV experience and I would be happy to help with the Database.

krakkenchaos

Villager
Xy$
I'd definitely be interested in writing. I have experience writing plays and I've done some writing for RPG Maker and Ren'py projects although all of them got cancelled. If you want some samples of my work, I would gladly send some to you.