Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Disappearing Text During Choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlacksmithMV

Villager
Xy$
Hello, and today I've got a problem that's actually been bugging me for a while. It's little more than an eyesore, but I could really use a solution.

I'm developing an enhanced conversational system, basically, whereas what the NPC says is determined by something like a Variable through a conditional branch. So the text is within the branch and the choice comes afterwards and outside the branch. What happens in-game is that the text shows, and then disappears when the choice comes up because there are commands- like the Conditional Branch's "End" command- in between the text and the choice.

Is there any script call or plugin I can use to fix this?

Last edited:

Dad3353

Praised Adventurer
Hello, and today I've got a problem...
Good evening, BMV...

Do you mean something like the screen shot below (Click on 'Spoiler to see it...)

It's a text box followed by a list of choices, upper right of the text box...).
If that's your requirement, there's no need for a special script; it's a standard command (Show Choices...). We can go through its use if this is what you are looking for..?

BlacksmithMV

Villager
Xy$
No, I'm well aware of how that works, but what I'm saying is that the text which comes with the choice is >within a conditional branch< and I think with the >end< command in the way, it's canceling the effect of pairing the text with the choice.

You would pretty much have to create choices in every conditional branch, you can then have different choices lead to different labels, so you don't have to recreate the event for every conditional branch.

BlacksmithMV

Villager
Xy$
You would pretty much have to create choices in every conditional branch, you can then have different choices lead to different labels, so you don't have to recreate the event for every conditional branch.
Yes, I suppose you're right. Even if I would have liked to have a script make things easier there, it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. Besides; adding choices for every bit of text associated with a particular thing would increase complexity and make the conversation seem less monotonous. So yeah; it's doable. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.