Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Damaged Sprite Issue

Wazaki

Villager
Xy$
Okay, so I'm doing a fight, and after the player wins, the event walks away, and falls down. Simple enough, right? You'd be wrong. I chose the Assassin dude (picture below) to represent the enemy, but when I select his damaged, or fallen, sprite, when It plays it in the game, it shows the damaged sprite for a different character. I have no idea why it does this, but it does. It doesn't do this for the regular sprite. ANY help is appreciated!

Attachments

CT_Bolt

Global Moderator
Staff member
Resource Team
Xy$
Okay, so I'm doing a fight, and after the player wins, the event walks away, and falls down. Simple enough, right? You'd be wrong. I chose the Assassin dude (picture below) to represent the enemy, but when I select his damaged, or fallen, sprite, when It plays it in the game, it shows the damaged sprite for a different character. I have no idea why it does this, but it does. It doesn't do this for the regular sprite. ANY help is appreciated!
The damage characters are used by the direction you pick.
(I'm guessing that it's probably showing you either the orc-knight, demon-girl, or genie?)
  • Assassin = Down
  • Demon-Girl = Left
  • Orc-Knight = Right
  • Genie = Up
Make sure to set the event to face "down" and have the "direction fix" option checked.

Screenshots of the event setup:

Although because of my setup using a self switch to change the event graphic using a second event page, you really don't need to even change the graphic in the move-route in page 1.
That was purely just to demonstrate how it would be done if not using a self-switch.

Does this help?

Last edited: