Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Customizable Pine Tree [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronivan

Towns Guard
Xy$
Ronivan submitted a new resource:

Customizable Pine Tree - Fully Customizable pine tree assembling

Fully customizable Pine Tree Pack, allowing the user to build its own tree by making use of different branches and trunk parts. Intended for game development, this package has 8 tree stumps (with respective variations, as snowy, mossy, dead), 27 Tree Trunks, 55 Branches (all with leafless, snowy leafless, green leaves, snowy leaves and crystal variations). Also have additional materials for more customization.

The package comes with:

• 9 Completed Pine Trees in .png file format...
Read more about this resource...

Starbird

Praised Adventurer
Resource Team
Xy$
the sample assets you provided look beautiful! really well done.

a minor note: for RPG Maker MV assets are lit from above and slightly left. obviously a person could simply flip the images in an editor, but i'm concerned that a non-artist might miss this step and end up with mismatched object lighting. for ease of use, i'd encourage you upload a version with "proper" lighting. do that and i'll buy a copy!

Ronivan

Towns Guard
Xy$
the sample assets you provided look beautiful! really well done.

a minor note: for RPG Maker MV assets are lit from above and slightly left. obviously a person could simply flip the images in an editor, but i'm concerned that a non-artist might miss this step and end up with mismatched object lighting. for ease of use, i'd encourage you upload a version with "proper" lighting. do that and i'll buy a copy!
Your observation is very interesting. The provided samples are just to show what is possible to be created. The reason why I didn't do the lighting is because its up to the creator do it the way it suit his needs, as lighting in the brances is minimal. I should have really made it clear that this material is for people skilled with Image Editing, as it require a fair bit know how on it. You can also increase the volume of the foliage using the free leaves provided. I'll edit it with an extra warning regarding the lighting. Thank you for the reply.

Starbird

Praised Adventurer
Resource Team
Xy$
The branches all look fine -- i just mean that the trunks have the lighting hitting the right side more than the left and the convention with MV graphics is the other way around, the left slightly brighter than the right. The original version might be fine for other game-making programs, but for MV (and this is a resource section specifically for MV assets), it would be helpful if the trunks were simply flipped around so that the bright side is on the left. Just trying to avoid problems for users who might not catch that. Unless there's a reason you can't flip the trunks and reupload, I would suggest doing so for the best quality product.

Again, they look AWESOME. It's just a tiny thing but it would make a big difference I think for ease of use in MV games.

Ronivan

Towns Guard
Xy$
Bright side on the left, let me work on it and see how it turns.
The branches all look fine -- i just mean that the trunks have the lighting hitting the right side more than the left and the convention with MV graphics is the other way around, the left slightly brighter than the right. The original version might be fine for other game-making programs, but for MV (and this is a resource section specifically for MV assets), it would be helpful if the trunks were simply flipped around so that the bright side is on the left. Just trying to avoid problems for users who might not catch that. Unless there's a reason you can't flip the trunks and reupload, I would suggest doing so for the best quality product.

Again, they look AWESOME. It's just a tiny thing but it would make a big difference I think for ease of use in MV games.
I did some update, you can check it in the different light section. I choose to keep both styles there too, perhaps it will be interesting for the user to compare them and try out in different ways. To fully fix the light and still not flip the trunk around, it would require a complete update in the trunk shading, and not one, but 27 trunks and 8 stumps, and their respective variations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.