Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Continue even when dead RPG maker MV

Battl3K1ng69

Villager
Xy$
Hey guys,

I have been searching for this for the last 4 days. I tried to search for it on the forum as well before posting but nothing pops up. all scripts and plugins I have found are either outdated links that do not work or not exactly what I'm looking for.

I would like to continue even when dead with all characters. Once you die you get the screen game over. I would like to respawn in Inn or hospital and lose 10% gold each time you die. This should be for scheduled battles and random encounters.

I played around with battle processing and works great for boss fights, but if i do this for random encounters it loops and i get stuck fighting enemy over and over...

any help would be appreciated, I'm just being very noob here

BK

CT_Bolt

Global Moderator
Staff member
Resource Team
Xy$
Last edited:

CT_Bolt

Global Moderator
Staff member
Resource Team
Xy$
thank you very much, I still have problems with random encounters. it still loops. busy troubleshooting
No prob, happy to help. (cool)
Shouldn't be looping. Also my demo uses random & event triggered battles. Random won't attack on the path (using regions).

All works smooth... no loops. Remember to change remove the knockout state once you come back from gameover... else it loops.

Battl3K1ng69

Villager
Xy$
ah ok, didn't try that...will check now
[doublepost=1526576292,1526575558][/doublepost]common event.PNG
this is my common event, I then add this ID to the plugin. but when I die it says game over, transfers player to location and then starts loop...
game over screen and transfers player...I'm lost :(

CT_Bolt

Global Moderator
Staff member
Resource Team
Xy$
ah ok, didn't try that...will check now
[doublepost=1526576292,1526575558][/doublepost]View attachment 7533
this is my common event, I then add this ID to the plugin. but when I die it says game over, transfers player to location and then starts loop...
game over screen and transfers player...I'm lost :(
Haven't tested it but I'm guessing it's because your doing the remove knockout before the transfer...
Then once the map code is triggered the check for player state auto plays the game over scene.

To sum up... you must remove the 'knockout' state before transferring to a map.

Edit: Tested it... yup that's what does it. (cool)

Let me know if this helps. (cute)

See how mine is...

My demo does work for you correctly right?

Last edited:

CT_Bolt

Global Moderator
Staff member
Resource Team
Xy$
thank you so much this sorted out the loop :)
Oh that's great to hear. Happy to help out a fellow game creator. (hella)(thumbsup)

now to figure out having different spawn points for different fights :)
Did you notice how I did it in the demo?
  • Setup a parallel triggered event on the maps that I want to change the spawn location.
    • This changes the a 'spawn location' variable
    • After setting the variable use 'erase event' command to erase that event until the map refreshed.
  • In the game over event use that variable to determine where to spawn.
    • Use a conditional branch to check the variable.

Last edited: