Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Community Discord Chat

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
Hey guys!

I made us a chatroom/server on Discord, in case anybody wants to chat there. In case you haven't used it before, it's like a shinier version of Skype. You still have your basic text and voice chat, but there are some nice added features.

Here's a link if any of you would like to join. You don't have to make an account to try it out, and you don't have to download the application either. (smile)

If the link expires (it shouldn't, but who knows), just let me know and I'll update it.

Hopefully I'll see some of you guys there!

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't be a broom, use Discord.
LMAO! Don't be a broom. It's so true. So many people are stuck on the worst voip program ever to be popular... :( Skype.

Teamspeak, Mumble even bloody vent I don't mind what people use but not Skype for crying out loud.

Discord seems cool, not used it enough to have an opinion on it. Seems like Teamspeak with a little better setup for channels and permissions. I'll sit in on this Discord.

I would say it's Slack with better bot API's and voice chat.
Well yeah, slack is amazing, the voip side is the side I'm really interested in though cause we already have enough team communication apps that work like this. Add in voice chat that might be half decent and it becomes more interesting cause you can use this straight from the browser.

Cunechan

∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
So many people are stuck on the worst voip program ever to be popular... :( Skype.
To be honest I was introduced to skype in 2006 when my old kindergarden friend moved to Brasil :3 Her dad told us that we can keep in touch via Skype but my mom didn't know how to use skype or what it is so she didn'tdo anything D:. But I loved to use it in 2011-13 and reused it two years later.

Skype has actually really gone shit. Gonna check out that discord thingie~

Amysaurus

Digital Artist
Staff member
Resource Team
It's nice to see several of you have joined since I went to bed lol!

I used to really like Skype, but it seemed to really start going downhill once it was trying to force updates on me all of the time. Things slowed down, things started crashing more.... Now I really only use it to talk to 5-10 contacts.

At least it still has fun emojis...?

To be honest I was introduced to skype in 2006 when my old kindergarden friend moved to Brasil :3 Her dad told us that we can keep in touch via Skype but my mom didn't know how to use skype or what it is so she didn'tdo anything D:. But I loved to use it in 2011-13 and reused it two years later.

Skype has actually really gone shit. Gonna check out that discord thingie~
*cough* Microsoft *cough*

Podcasts have even stopped using Skype as other video calling services have taken over and don't go down three to five times a stream.

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
@Amysaurus I was looking at the link, and somehow removed it from the OP by mistake. Terribly sorry, feel free to add it back. I wasn't trying to remove it.

MistyDay

Adventurer
Xy$
I know I was not fan of chat here in some previous discussion, but I have to say its not bad ! :D
May be link could be highlighted in important threads huh :)