Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Commission] Vehicle Sprites Needed (Paid Work)

Loneclaw

Villager
Xy$
I'm working on a game that takes much inspiration from Polynesian culture, and I'm in need of a sprite sheet with new vessels.

What I want is animated sprites of 3 new vessels that have a similar art style as the vehicles that come with RMMV and have the same size (48 x 48 pixels).

The first vessel is a double-outrigger canoe. Here's an example image of one.
The second vessel is a catamaran. Here's an example image of one.
The third vessel is a great catamaran. Here's an example image, and here's another one.
Also, (I don't know if this should go without saying) I don't want there to be any people in the sprites; I want the paddles and oars to move by themselves (like the oars do in the boat sprites that come with RMMV).

I'm willing to pay pretty much anything (well, within reason) for this, but I can only pay through PayPal.

Finally, I'd like for anyone to be able to use these sprites for free for both non-commercial and commercial games (provided they give you, the artist, credit for making them).

AceOfShades

Villager
Xy$
I'm working on a game that takes much inspiration from Polynesian culture, and I'm in need of a sprite sheet with new vessels.

What I want is animated sprites of 3 new vessels that have a similar art style as the vehicles that come with RMMV and have the same size (48 x 48 pixels).

The first vessel is a double-outrigger canoe. Here's an example image of one.
The second vessel is a catamaran. Here's an example image of one.
The third vessel is a great catamaran. Here's an example image, and here's another one.
Also, (I don't know if this should go without saying) I don't want there to be any people in the sprites; I want the paddles and oars to move by themselves (like the oars do in the boat sprites that come with RMMV).

I'm willing to pay pretty much anything (well, within reason) for this, but I can only pay through PayPal.

Finally, I'd like for anyone to be able to use these sprites for free for both non-commercial and commercial games (provided they give you, the artist, credit for making them).

Hi, I've modified one of the vehicle sprites from RMMV, specifically the boat, based on the picture you provided of the double outrigger canoe.
Tell me if you like it, and I'll continue doing the other ones. Don't hesitate to tell me your suggestions too.

Last edited:

AceOfShades

Villager
Xy$
Wow, that looks pretty good! :D
How much do you want for making these?
Haha... I'm not sure, to be honest. Have you had any offers? What is your budget?

Now that I think about it, isn't there a Steam Sale right now, and that the price for RMMV has been cut by 45% to $43.99?
I think it was 70$ before.

If I happen to finish the whole set before the sale ends, would $43.99 be a reasonable price?
I mean you mentioned free access to the resource, so this might possibly my last chance to monetize this resource.
It's up to you how you want to break it down.
I'm not even going to bring it to the original price in case I miss the sale, it'd be my fault if that's the case.

Loneclaw

Villager
Xy$
Nope, I have not had any other offers and I don't have any set budget for this resource.
$43.99 is fine, but don't you already have RMMV?

AceOfShades

Villager
Xy$
Nope, I have not had any other offers and I don't have any set budget for this resource.
$43.99 is fine, but don't you already have RMMV?
Well, I don't want to keep on using a cracked version if I wanted to upload my games to the App Store. I'm just using the cracked version as a trial until I've decided to buy a legit copy myself, and I can't be a beneficial part of the Game Development industry if I take from the industry without giving... It's a career path that I'm taking rather seriously.
[doublepost=1467304848,1467304599][/doublepost]Here's the Catamaran's sprite strip, although I think I need some suggestions or advice on this.
The deck and the two buoyant parts look fine, but there's some problems on the sails...
I guess I could try to make the masts thinner, and make the other sail look slightly varied...

Loneclaw

Villager
Xy$
Yeah, the masts should be thinner, I think. It looks like the color contrast of the deck and the buoyant parts is a little too great. And as you said, there should probably be a little more varied, at least when it comes to their animation.

You know, if you don't want to miss the steam sale, I could always buy RMMV and gift it to you once you've finished the sprites.

AceOfShades

Villager
Xy$
Yeah, the masts should be thinner, I think. It looks like the color contrast of the deck and the buoyant parts is a little too great. And as you said, there should probably be a little more varied, at least when it comes to their animation.

You know, if you don't want to miss the steam sale, I could always buy RMMV and gift it to you once you've finished the sprites.
Holy moley. That sounds so much better than our original deal.
At least, in this case, we're both assured of our respective ends of the deal.

AceOfShades

Villager
Xy$

Here's version 0.2 of the vehicle spriteset you requested.
I will be improving the animation of set 2, a.k.a. the Catamaran some other time.

AceOfShades

Villager
Xy$
Great Catamaran Complete. It seems to be my best of the three.
I could still make a few polishes here and there, if you want.

I'll send you a PM to inform you of my Steam Account for the transaction.

Loneclaw

Villager
Xy$
The great catamaran looks good, but it seems to overlap a little bit with the third right-facing catamaran sprite:

Additionally, the sails of the catamaran, when facing right, are static. Could you, please, animate them?
Oh, and could you also animate the water effects under the catamaran and great catamaran? I would really appreciate it, if you could.

AceOfShades

Villager
Xy$
The great catamaran looks good, but it seems to overlap a little bit with the third right-facing catamaran sprite:

Additionally, the sails of the catamaran, when facing right, are static. Could you, please, animate them?
Oh, and could you also animate the water effects under the catamaran and great catamaran? I would really appreciate it, if you could.
I'm on it :)
I've must have had an error on the last sprite.
[doublepost=1467720110,1467712937][/doublepost]Water Effects Improved for Catamaran and Great Catamaran
Image Continuity Error on [Catamaran: Right-Face, Frame 3] fixed.
Catamaran Sails Animated to make it look as-if breathing.

Loneclaw

Villager
Xy$
Alright, they all look great now, and you animated them beautifully! :D
However, the image continuity error is still not completely fixed:

BTW, have you tried adding me on steam yet?
[doublepost=1467722200,1467721929][/doublepost]Oh, crap. There seems to be another continuity error with the great catamaran, as well:

AceOfShades

Villager
Xy$
I figured out that the right-facing Catamaran sprites were 3-pixels out of place from the left. It also messed up the last frame of the Double Outrigger Canoe. I guess my last edit kinda screwed up the set, so I also decided to game-test the resource, and it should be OK now.

Last edited:

AceOfShades

Villager
Xy$
Well, I had fun making those sprites, so it was very satisfying to see it to completion.
I've also accepted your steam invite, and I'm awaiting your transaction.