Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Combo based battle system

afletch88

Villager
Xy$
I'm not sure this is where this goes but here goes.

I'm currently using Yanfly's Standard turn based battle system which I love. But I was curious that after acting could you make it so you could do a string of combos based on like say a stamina bar or even Energy Point system. I'm not proficient enough in JS so I don't think I have the capabilities (yet anyway) to do this on my own. If needed I can elaborate more and maybe show an example of what I mean in pictures. Any help is most appreciated.

Boy Who Codes

Praised Adventurer
Xy$
Well, there can be a way. Like, making the battle system you have now have a small system that allows it, but I am not sure if this takes time or what.

Zarsla

Villager
Xy$
Give me 2 days and I'll have a video of this for you along with a link to the demo I'll make. Note I'm using TP as your stamina gauge.

afletch88

Villager
Xy$
Give me 2 days and I'll have a video of this for you along with a link to the demo I'll make. Note I'm using TP as your stamina gauge.
Wow! That'd be awesome and yeah TP as stamina is fine. Thank you very much!
[doublepost=1499992434,1499374251][/doublepost]Just curious how this is going, it's been over a week. Or if anyone else has any ideas that'd be great as well.

. . .u can make an actor to learn a skill through the formula box, or just add a state that add certain skill to the actor when the skill is used. . .

. . .or u can increase the TP as Stamina to enable certain skill to be launched with enough TP. . .but this is restrictive, since TP is a global and non limited to certain skills. . .

Zarsla

Villager
Xy$
. . .u can make an actor to learn a skill through the formula box, or just add a state that add certain skill to the actor when the skill is used. . .

. . .or u can increase the TP as Stamina to enable certain skill to be launched with enough TP. . .but this is restrictive, since TP is a global and non limited to certain skills. . .
I sent afletech with a PM explaining how I did it, I used Yanfly Buff States Core, Auto Passive States, Instant Cast & Skill Core.