Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clicking on Banner Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Is there a way to make it that when we click on a banner ad, it opens in a new tab, instead of taking us AWAY from mv.co? And I do not want to hear, just right click it, and select 'open in new tab'. Why would we want another linked item that takes members away from the site?

Xyphien

Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Resource Team
Xy$
Is there a way to make it that when we click on a banner ad, it opens in a new tab, instead of taking us AWAY from mv.co? And I do not want to hear, just right click it, and select 'open in new tab'. Why would we want another linked item that takes members away from the site?
I don't believe there is an option to do so. It's all done through google adsense, I'll look into though nonetheless.

PikaPikaGamer

Towns Guard
Xy$
Is there a way to make it that when we click on a banner ad, it opens in a new tab, instead of taking us AWAY from mv.co? And I do not want to hear, just right-click it, and select 'open in new tab'. Why would we want another linked item that takes members away from the site?
IDK If this helps but a quick way of doing it is dragging the add to the top of the screen in your tabs sections to quickly do it

LTN Games

Master Mind
Resource Team
Xy$
Unfortunately, AdSense does not allow you to open in a new tab/window.

As written here https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/1354740?hl=en
Generally, it is our policy to not allow Google ads to open in a new window. However, in a few markets, including China, we've found that opening ads in a new window better aligns with expected internet behavior and provides a more consistent, intuitive user experience.

Keeping in mind the importance of the user experience, we've enabled Google ads to open in new windows in locations where this is expected browsing behavior. This functionality is determined by the IP of the user, and is not an option you can select your AdSense account.

We also ask that you don't modify the AdSense ad code or alter the result of clicking on an ad on your website, as such behavior violates our program policies.

A13XIS

Villager
Xy$
If you mean accidentally, then no.
But this should never happen anyway.
Otherwise you can do that by clicking on the ad with the mouse wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.