Indie Dev

Hello Guest!. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, sell your games, upload content, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Character Sprite Opinions?

iblamevictoria

Towns Guard
Here's a character sprite I've been working on. It's only a rough draft but I'd love to have some feedback. D certain things look clunky? Do any pixels look out of place? Thanks for any feedback. Sorry for having it as a Google Drive link, it's late and I didn't feel like messing with the image uploader.

Cunechan

∠( ᐛ 」∠)_
It's really cute ^u^ It is so small it reminds me of earthbound et co but on the other hand it's also super big and you have enough room for details. I'm looking forward to seeing more sprites of this style because it's incredibly sweet~

Phil

Adventurer
Xy$
Very simplistic, the sprites gives out a more happy go lucky vibe, the sprite is great, but if you want to implement this in game, you must have a matching tileset, NPC graphics, Face graphic, etc.

Walker's

Villager
Xy$
I love the simplistic style! I think it'd be a really cute game if the background is simple as well. This sprite is simple and cute, but if the background is detailed, as in the provided texture of RPG Maker MV, I think it's not going to blend in nicely.

The 3rd row of the sprite might need some small touches. The boy's hair is parted on his left. So the hair parting shouldn't be visible when we can only see his right profile. I assume it's because you simply reversed the image. A little touch up on the hair and it'd be perfect!

What do people use to create sprites? :D Would love to learn!

MinisterJay

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I love the simplistic style!
What do people use to create sprites? :D Would love to learn!
I personally use a free software named GIMP for all my artwork from battlers, characters, sv_actors, facesets, parallax maps, title screens, battlebacks, etc.

iblamevictoria

Towns Guard
I personally use a free software named GIMP for all my artwork from battlers, characters, sv_actors, facesets, parallax maps, title screens, battlebacks, etc.
ANOTHER great piece of software is Aseprite. It costs some pocket money, but there's a free version available that works pretty well if you're willing to let go of a few cool features and have to deal with a sometimes confusing UI.